Recently Retired Mare Chase Ratings

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Recently Retired Mare Chase Ratings

Post by Laura Ferguson »

It may be that my mares are on a bit of an unlucky streak, but every chaser mare I've retired in years 49 and 50 have come up either no potential or potential. Not a brilliant or strong among them. At this point, I'm curious to see if other players are experiencing the same thing, or if it is just me.

Most of them are nicely bred, stakes winning mares who galloped either freak or stakes, so I don't want to unnecessarily pull the trigger and pension them, which is why I am asking. Thanks in advance for any responses!
Rafa Usoz
Classic Contender

Re: Recently Retired Mare Chase Ratings

Post by Rafa Usoz »

The same here....
Quilombo - Turf Sprinter 35.000 $
Nations Pride- Turf Sprinter/AW Sprinter 35.000 $
Rajselam - Turf Sprinter 25.000 $
Quiebro - Turf Sprinter 19.000 $
Sahabudeen - Arabian Sprinter 35.000 $
Soussyy - Arabian Router 35.000 $
Brooke Ketron
Miler

Post by Brooke Ketron »

Also experiencing this with my chaser mares, but mine are probably just pretty bad.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Interesting. I mostly hypomate my mares...
I have a "no potential" that nicks A- though which I think is strange...
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

I usually don´t bloodstock my mares. I hypomate instead. And many of them hypomates A or A-, so I breed them. Perhaps I´m doing something stupid, but that will probably show when I jump my first homebreds next season...
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

I don't think I've retired too many steeplechase mares recently. However this was from last year:

Y49-W15-D1 Agent: 'My Money Leader' doesn't have any potential as a flat race broodmare; I'd be impressed if she ever produced a winner! My Money Leader's is also a brilliant broodmare for steeplechasing!

That's it, though.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Te Akau Downs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Te Akau Downs »

ive had same problem with some of my better performed chase mares which i pension, i have 2 mutiple G1 winning mares which i would be gutted if they turned out to be dud broodmares lol
PATIENCE is the cheapest thing in racing and least used.. J.B Cummings..
Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

Post by Rachel Sadler »

Two years ago, when the changes to steeplechasing happend everything was pushed backwards. Ratings, comments, broodmare comments. This is a generational thing that over the years to come the comments ect will hopefully improve.

For example;
- You no longer get chase freaks. If you train your freak his comment will become stakes.
- You no longer get brilliant or strong comments for broodmares. yes it sucks, and I hate it. But thats how it is. Your Grade1 multi million dollar earning mare will more then likely be a some potential. Its a wonderful feeling when that happens. Not.
- Broodmares already bloodstocked will retain there currant comments if you do them again.
- Some older racemares, those still currently racing in the 7,8 and higher age group still have the potential to be strong or brilliant, but dont hold your breath. I dont know why this occurs.

So in summary, when you retire your steeplechase mare to the breeding barn, you have a 98% chance of it being a some potential or green light. This does not mean the mare will be good or bad, to find that out you have to wait 3 years till your horse races. If you dont care about the nik then by all means breed the B+, B-. But if you care, then breed in the A, A- range.

Oh how I love steeplechase breeding :D
"I wish people will tell me when there unhappy"

We did, and you didn't do anything to fix the reason why we are unhappy!
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I've messaged the Steward, because I'm really hoping you're not correct. I thought the solution of the great fix of Y48 applied to both retired mares and future mares. If you are, that should be made a LOT clearer (because I think a number of players are pensioning mares thinking potential/no potential comments are a problem), and I'd strongly advocate for a revisiting of this issue.

I checked Lori's mare, and that mare retired prior to Y49, even though she wasn't bloodstocked until later.

If 98% of the mares are going to be that bad, why bother using the bloodstock agent? There would be an absolute revolt if that occurred to the TB dirt router community and all mares were downgraded to good/formidable. Also, if the only way to figure out whether the mares are good or not is to spend game points, rather than SIM $$$, that's a problem.

Again, I'm really looking for clarification here.
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

Laura, I have the same exact frustrations with my chaser mares, and truthfully I am now just "playing out the string" with my current runners. Yes I also have multiple stakes winning mares that were only some potential. In fact, like you said, all the recent retirees are just some potential. All the recent some potential retirees have been GP'd, which will probably prove to be a gold mine for some other player. I did not breed a single chaser mare last Sim year. Have maybe bred a couple this year. When/if the game fixes what they broke I will re-assess. I just don't feel like throwing darts blindfolded in the dark after having been spun around a few times. Lucas.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Laura, for clarification, this is everything from My Money Leader's history from the bloodstock agent. I really didn't own her very long. She was originally bloodstocked when retired and got the greatest strength comment. I bloodstocked her again after the changes took affect and she got the Brilliant comment. I don't know if this makes any difference?

Y49-W15-D1 Agent: 'My Money Leader' doesn't have any potential as a flat race broodmare; I'd be impressed if she ever produced a winner! My Money Leader's is also a brilliant broodmare for steeplechasing!

Y46-W14-D4 Moved to The Funny Farm

Y46-W9-D1 Agent: 'My Money Leader' doesn't have any potential as a flat race broodmare; I'd be impressed if she ever produced a winner! My Money Leader's greatest strength could be as the dam of steeplechasers. Good luck!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Thanks to the Steward for providing some clarification!
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Admittedly I am way behind on bloodstock comments but is Brilliant the highest you can get for steeplechasing broodmares? I just checked all of mine out of curiosity and most of them got brilliant with four getting strong. Considering my chasing stable isn't all that brilliant or strong, I'm wondering if the comment is giving me false hope.
Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

Post by Rachel Sadler »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 5 years ago Thanks to the Steward for providing some clarification!
May i ask what the clarification was? or am I looking in the wrong place?
when I bought this up with the steward 2 years ago. I was told to lower my standards. Now things magically have changed back again.
Last edited by Rachel Sadler 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

Post by Rachel Sadler »

Melissa Mae wrote: 5 years ago Admittedly I am way behind on bloodstock comments but is Brilliant the highest you can get for steeplechasing broodmares? I just checked all of mine out of curiosity and most of them got brilliant with four getting strong. Considering my chasing stable isn't all that brilliant or strong, I'm wondering if the comment is giving me false hope.
Brilliant is the highest comment followed by strong, some potential and no potential, unless there has been a few more comments thrown in today