Broodmare 'Strong' advice

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Broodmare 'Strong' advice

Post by Stormy Peak »

So, after checking 100s of my mares tonight, I found this one in my herd:
No potential as a flat racer, but listed as 'strong' for steeplechase brood mare

Boom Shakalaka
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=669383

Her race record is dismal though.

In her notes, when I bought her - I put in there that I bought her name...so that is why she's in my stable... I just haven't got into steeplechase racing that much...it's been years since I had a decent chaser and I don't think I've ever had more than 3 or 4 running for my stable at any given time.
So, I know close to nothing about breeding steeplechasers.. any advice on who to breed her to? or... even if she's worth breeding?

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

Re: Broodmare 'Strong' advice

Post by Rachel Sadler »

Hi stormy, ive only just seen this so I hope someone has messaged you about your mare.

My top picks for stallions would be Dandino, Fullbright, I love to Jump or Epaulette. If you dont like any of them you can look at Wicked Strong, Excelebration, Novellist.

If you read the recently retired broodmare thread you will see that it is hard breeding steeplechasers, but those stallions will give you a better chance then others.

Good luck!
"I wish people will tell me when there unhappy"

We did, and you didn't do anything to fix the reason why we are unhappy!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Broodmare 'Strong' advice

Post by Stormy Peak »

Thanks Rachel : )

I usually enjoy doing research and learning about divisions I haven't got into that much...but for the past two weeks, my house has been kind of tore up...repairs on the roof and fixing some major ceiling repair in my bedroom due to water damage...so with the sounds of crowbars pulling my ceiling apart, and saws and hammering... it's been hard from me to concentrate on anything.

The list of stallions is a great help...it will save me some time in narrowing down who to breed her too. I'm also kind of excited too, that the age for racing 'chasers has dropped to age 2 :D I had a really nice 'chaser way back when...lol.. his name was Canadian Canoe...and I haven't really dabbled in them since then.

Canadian Canoe

Not a bad amount earned for back then, he picked up a few Grade 1 wins, but Chickadee and Casey's Shadow were also in a lot of those races back then and they were hard to beat. :P

I hope to get as lucky if I get back into 'chasing again. : )

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000