Y51, what’s it going to look like?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Y51, what’s it going to look like?

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I’m just curious, with everyone posting their 2yo Chaser’s jump rating (is it still called a gallop in chasers?) there seem to be so many stakes and freaks, how do you think that will effect next years 3yos?
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Re: Y51, what’s it going to look like?

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

I think that the grades has changed a bit, not necessary that the horses are better. I think we can translate the new comments to the old like this:

New comment Old comment
Chase freak (Good) Chase stakes
Chase stakes Chase allowance to less good chase stakes
Chase allowance Chase Some Potential

Since the older horses comments hasn´t changed, I think that your stallion still will be the best chaser in the game. He will be superior for 4 y old and older horses.
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

So now I think I’m catching on, are there no such thing as Productive/Solid/Claimer chasers? Just Freak/Stakes/Allowance/Different Career?

I was just curious how the only three rankings would affect the 3yos, but now that I’ve come to realize there is likely only 3 ranks I’ve answered my own question haha.

Also I’m not really too concerned about Play Leapfrog being the best, I don’t need him to be :) Because either way he will be super fun for me to campaign next year! And really he can only be in 1 race every couple weeks so not much for people to worry about :P

I shall now go back to my shunned corner of the steeplechase world :P :)
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

There are fivecomments. Chase Freak, Chase Stakes, Chase allowance, Chase Some potential and Chase different carreer. I didn´t get any "some potential" this year. You can get a "different carreer" if you jump a flat racer. :)
Last edited by Flizan Hambletonian 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Good to know! It doesn’t seem like anyone got less than Allowance this year, should make things interesting!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I still dont get it really. All 2 yo chasers galloped way better than they "should" as a group.
Play Leapfrog might stand a chance against the "new chasers" when they grow up, but all of todays best chase stakes horses will find it hard to even win money in a stakes race..
I get a little "Cars" feeing here. All new chasers are Jackson Storm and alike. From Y52 when the "Jackson Storms" turn 4 Even Lightning McQueen will have a tough time to survive.

This is how I interpret the new change, I dont know if I am right..
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

A good horse will still stand out, regardless of the gallop.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Now, we have the answers... Or do we?
At least we know what Y51 was like.. :)
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Gigi Gofaster wrote: 5 years ago A good horse will still stand out, regardless of the gallop.
Someone like Play Leapfrog....
yeah
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 5 years ago
Gigi Gofaster wrote: 5 years ago A good horse will still stand out, regardless of the gallop.
Someone like Play Leapfrog....
Well I’d assume his gallop, and Jimmy’s, would have been like a ‘freak plus’ but maybe it’s because of them I really noticed Ink Spots and Loomert.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

Is it still possible to find a steeplechaser amongst ordinary horses all do they have to be bred to steeplechase? I'm a new player hoping to try steeplechasing soon and plan to try and jump all my horses at some point, I understand it is rare to find natural steeplchasers amongst my ordinary horses but it is still possible right?
Race With Lions (TM)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid) - leased out this year

NEW in Y66:
Nigerian Prince
(TS)
The Womble (TR)
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Diane Townsend wrote: 5 years ago Is it still possible to find a steeplechaser amongst ordinary horses all do they have to be bred to steeplechase? I'm a new player hoping to try steeplechasing soon and plan to try and jump all my horses at some point, I understand it is rare to find natural steeplchasers amongst my ordinary horses but it is still possible right?
It is but it isn’t super likely. Your best bet would be a Turf horse, probably a TM I would think. It doesn’t hurt anything to train them over the jumps and see I suppose. There are also some all weather horses that can jump although those are much fewer. But if you want to join steeplechase I would suggest buying or claiming a few horses.
yeah
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 5 years ago
Diane Townsend wrote: 5 years ago Is it still possible to find a steeplechaser amongst ordinary horses all do they have to be bred to steeplechase? I'm a new player hoping to try steeplechasing soon and plan to try and jump all my horses at some point, I understand it is rare to find natural steeplchasers amongst my ordinary horses but it is still possible right?
It is but it isn’t super likely. Your best bet would be a Turf horse, probably a TM I would think. It doesn’t hurt anything to train them over the jumps and see I suppose. There are also some all weather horses that can jump although those are much fewer. But if you want to join steeplechase I would suggest buying or claiming a few horses.
If you pay close attention to bloodlines, yes. With the introduction of new stallions in the last few seasons, it has revitalized the bloodlines where you can find horses able to run on flat and jump. It's still super rare though and you likely won't find anything that jumps better than allowance.

I'm actively working on breeding a line of TS/Chasers

You can look at sires like:
Mikki Rocket
Namura Shingun
Beat Black
Air Spinel
Abashiri
and quite a few of the old GP sires.
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

Thanks guys. I probably should have asked in chat!
Race With Lions (TM)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid) - leased out this year

NEW in Y66:
Nigerian Prince
(TS)
The Womble (TR)