Weird mare??

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Weird mare??

Post by Carole Hanson »

Burning Diamonds
Y47-W13-D5 Agent: If you had a barnful of broodmares such as 'Burning Diamonds', you would have a formidable breeding operation! Unfortunately, 'Burning Diamonds' probably won't produce a very good steeplechaser.

Y50-W15-D6 Agent: If you had a barnful of broodmares such as 'Burning Diamonds', you would have a formidable breeding operation! Additionally, 'Burning Diamonds' has potential as the dam of steeplechasers, so if you're interested in pursuing that I give you the green light!

How is this possible? Should I pursue her steeplechasing ability or would it be a waste of time? I don't know anything about chasers so any help would be appreciated!
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Re: Weird mare??

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

They did some shifts to the scale of broodmare comments in Week 15, which was why we got free BSAs on everything.

I would say give her a shot. But I'm trying to breed flat/chase capable horses. :)
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Te Akau Downs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Te Akau Downs »

i had this mare, blu hen, and also highest rating old comments for chasers
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=256699
she produced a stakes TR who was also a stakes winner and a star mare and top BSA for chaser. she was an A- chase hypo also
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=388270,
i think now i could of managed breedings better to produce more flat/chasers as i have alot more experience to back then
PATIENCE is the cheapest thing in racing and least used.. J.B Cummings..
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Hmm she's still a young mare so I might as well try a chase sire and see what happens! Thanks for the input!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Ended up sending her to Dandino, she hypoed Flat: B+ Chase: B+ so that's quite fun!
Anne Conradt
Derby Contender

Post by Anne Conradt »

/
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=814134

I haven't bred a great many steeplechasers. I rarely run more than one or two a year.

While I don't remember hypo-ing this one's breeding with Excelebration ... I do remember he was the only one of the steeplechasers I've bred who came up flats claimer/chase stakes. All the rest were flats different career / chase (whatever ... stakes, allowance, etc.)

(That's why I ran Starbration on the flats in his first two races. They were light fields, and I thought of them as paid workouts.)

Makes me wonder about his dam. I got her when she was fairly old. The twins I got from her were her second to last year of foaling. She died on the next breeding.

She's one of the few I don't have on my spread sheet as showing what her BSA comment said.
/
:arrow: I always pay attention when Eric Hamme talks about horses running in Maryland.
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

I've gotten Solid Flat/Stake Chaser so far.
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)