Running lines

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Running lines

Post by Dave Trainer »

I've never been sure about how running lines relate to the race and this one has confused me even more.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1190456

How can a horse be said to be clear to wire when it has only won by a head in the same SF as the 2nd. That makes no sens to me at all.

Can anyone shed light on this and running lines in general please.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Re: Running lines

Post by Jo Ferris »

I'm not at all into steeplechasing and have never seen that line, but I'd assume it meant one of two things, either after the last jump it stated he was 'clear to wire' on flat or maybe the other horse was really wide so he had no horses around him. just my thoughts
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I don’t really know anything about running lines, but maybe it means no one was in front of him? The way was clear?
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

Post by Rachel Sadler »

If in doubt ask Google :) So i Just did and according to Google, clear to the wire or going to the wire means its going to be a close finish. Which in this race it was.

It would be fantastic to have a definitive list of what the running lines mean, NOT just someones guess on what they mean :)
"I wish people will tell me when there unhappy"

We did, and you didn't do anything to fix the reason why we are unhappy!
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I’m sure someone has a list somewhere. Didn’t people used to have to decipher them to figure out their horses’s equipment?
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Anne Conradt
Derby Contender

Post by Anne Conradt »

Rachel Sadler wrote: 5 years ago If in doubt ask Google :) So i Just did and according to Google, clear to the wire or going to the wire means its going to be a close finish. Which in this race it was.

It would be fantastic to have a definitive list of what the running lines mean, NOT just someones guess on what they mean :)
There was one, Rachel. It was like a "Dummy's Guide To Running Lines" sort of thing, someone told me. I was told the person did a great deal of research on each and every one.

I found a link at the time, but it said it no longer existed. That may or may not have been it?

Anyway, the funniest post I ever read when I was researching running lines was delivered by Eric Nalbone:

"I have no videos to go along with this, but my vote is to play with Leo's idea, except perform fainting goat racing. Imagine the running lines:

"Away well, fainted far turn, stood back up, late rally for win."
"Fainted when startled by the starting bell, trailed throughout."
"Forwardly placed, fainted mid-stretch, DNF."

That line in bold ... I would imagine that would have had to involve a less than stellar field that winner was running against. ;)

Made the search for running lines definitely worth the time I spent.
:arrow: I always pay attention when Eric Hamme talks about horses running in Maryland.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Anne Conradt wrote: 5 years ago
Rachel Sadler wrote: 5 years ago If in doubt ask Google :) So i Just did and according to Google, clear to the wire or going to the wire means its going to be a close finish. Which in this race it was.

There was one, Rachel. It was like a "Dummy's Guide To Running Lines" sort of thing, someone told me. I was told the person did a great deal of research on each and every one.

I found a link at the time, but it said it no longer existed. That may or may not have been it?

Anyway, the funniest post I ever read when I was researching running lines was delivered by Eric Nalbone:

"I have no videos to go along with this, but my vote is to play with Leo's idea, except perform fainting goat racing. Imagine the running lines:

"Away well, fainted far turn, stood back up, late rally for win."
"Fainted when startled by the starting bell, trailed throughout."
"Forwardly placed, fainted mid-stretch, DNF."

That line in bold ... I would imagine that would have had to involve a less than stellar field that winner was running against. ;)

Made the search for running lines definitely worth the time I spent.
Anne that made me laugh so hard! Thank you for sharing!
yeah
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Very fun read! Thank you :D
KINGSWOOD