NEW CHASE STALLION: LALOR

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

NEW CHASE STALLION: LALOR

Post by Lucas Davenport »

Purchased this morning off the sales page for 4.5M from The Steward. Hypomated a lot of my own mares, and the best ones give me an A+. Just the best ones. The listed stud fee was set at 45K, which is where I left it. Too high for most chaser mares, IMO. But if they have already produced a freak, and give you an A+, maybe it would be worth it. That is how I looked at it, and that is how I'm playing it for now. There is part of 4.5M to recover, after all. I think chasers have needed a high end stallion for some time (Dogfox, I remember you!). Hopefully this one fills the bill. Best to all, Lucas
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: NEW CHASE STALLION: LALOR

Post by The Steward »

For a good time, enjoy the videos of Lalor and his best friend, a 3yo girl

https://twitter.com/k_woollacott
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Hopefully the rl Lalor will win the Arkle at Cheltenham next year and bring more happiness to the Woolacotts after their tragic loss.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Dave Trainer wrote: 5 years ago Hopefully the rl Lalor will win the Arkle at Cheltenham next year and bring more happiness to the Woolacotts after their tragic loss.
Agree! He's one of my very favorite stories in racing. Lalor himself and Bella, not their tragedy of course!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Nice find!
The Steward wrote: 5 years ago For a good time, enjoy the videos of Lalor and his best friend, a 3yo girl

https://twitter.com/k_woollacott
Also ADORABLE!!!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Glenn Larson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Glenn Larson »

Lucas, you should be buying lottery tickets. Logging on on a whim and finding those horses for sale must have longer odds than winning the mega millions
Glenn Larson
Stallion Rosters

Thoroughbred Stallions

Mixer Stallions
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

Glenn, I've got nothing to reply to that............ (hands out, palms up). Guilty as charged, I guess. I suppose just buying Steward sales horses blindly is a result of not finding anything else to spend my game money on. There hasn't been much to buy recently. I mean, players listing nine year old geldings for 7M is well...........

My wife sends me to the store every once in a while to buy a Mega millions. I end up just throwing those tickets away, after checking them hopefully.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Anne Conradt
Derby Contender

Post by Anne Conradt »

/
Well, no one can use the old "if you're that lucky ... " or the "longer odds than hitting the lottery" thing after this came out.

https://www.insideedition.com/colorado- ... nths-46513

I mean, seriously? He hit the lotto for the third time in 17 months????

Either he buys a lot of tickets, or he's just seriously lucky. In any case, someone needs to follow that guy to ANY gambling event and just bet on what he bets.

There was another man, I think also in Colorado, who hit TWO of the BIG jackpots in the same year? Something like that.

I can't find that link though.

I bought a farm in Colorado, though, with the hope one of these guys would come over and buy a horse ... or maybe a lot of horses.
/
:arrow: I always pay attention when Eric Hamme talks about horses running in Maryland.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

He hypomates very well. So he should be really good.. Exactly how good, will be found out when his offsprings turns 2.
I would say that it is a fair price for a really good stallion.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...