All Time Greats

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

All Time Greats

Post by Danny Derby »

I've noticed lots of talk centered around Play Leapfrog recently, and was wondering where everyone thinks he fits in among the all time great Steeplechasers in the game? Looking on the ranking page certainly doesn't tell the whole story about him. There's been a handful who have earned more, but he was able to accomplish everything at 3 and retired early, so one has to think that given a longer career he'd be at the top of this list. He's a sure fire first ballot hall of famer, but how does he really stack up? Could any of the past greats have beaten him?
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: All Time Greats

Post by Dylan Christensen »

I don’t know much about Steeplechasers but it seems like in his 3 year old year on his best day he might have been unbeatable. This year wasn’t so good so don’t know that I would say that.
yeah
Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

Post by Rachel Sadler »

The short answer is yes, some of the greats would of beaten both of them.

You only have to look at the record race times page to see that neither of the creates are on it. That says to me that they were only great chasers as there were NO other freaks racing them as the Steward 2 years earlier had changed the freak rating.

Funny how they both retired just as the new freaks were old enough to race them.

EDIT. Now the steward is adjusting the 4 yr olds to be competitive with the current 3 yr olds. Why wasnt this done last year so they could of raced competitively against the create mistakes! Makes no sense.
"I wish people will tell me when there unhappy"

We did, and you didn't do anything to fix the reason why we are unhappy!
Hamish Mcgonaghal
Sprinter

Post by Hamish Mcgonaghal »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 5 years ago I don’t know much about Steeplechasers but it seems like in his 3 year old year on his best day he might have been unbeatable. This year wasn’t so good so don’t know that I would say that.
As a 3yo on his best day my horse beat him in the SC. That horse is not even the greatest in my stable so when he rated his highest he was not even the best horse on that day
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Danny Derby wrote: 5 years ago =He's a sure fire first ballot hall of famer,
This would require us to get around to doing the Hall of Fame voting again!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Danny Derby wrote: 5 years ago I've noticed lots of talk centered around Play Leapfrog recently, and was wondering where everyone thinks he fits in among the all time great Steeplechasers in the game? Looking on the ranking page certainly doesn't tell the whole story about him. There's been a handful who have earned more, but he was able to accomplish everything at 3 and retired early, so one has to think that given a longer career he'd be at the top of this list. He's a sure fire first ballot hall of famer, but how does he really stack up? Could any of the past greats have beaten him?
One thread gets locked because it is full of squabbles and you decide to post this.

Why? It can only cause more controversy. I think the Steward should lock this thread as well.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Rachel Sadler wrote: 5 years ago

Funny how they both retired just as the new freaks were old enough to race them.
I don’t think there’s anything “funny” going on; they were retired because they weren’t supposed to be coded to be able to race in the first place and the steward asked for them to be retired to go to breed, which was the purpose they were designed for. Neither player HAD to retire the horses, but they did so anyway, and I appreciate that.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Gigi Gofaster wrote: 5 years ago
Rachel Sadler wrote: 5 years ago

I don’t think there’s anything “funny” going on; they were retired because they weren’t supposed to be coded to be able to race in the first place and the steward asked for them to be retired to go to breed, which was the purpose they were designed for. Neither player HAD to retire the horses, but they did so anyway, and I appreciate that.
It does beg the question why weren't they retired as soon as the Steward realised her mistake, which she has apologised for millions of times.

All she had to do was to give the players involved a choice. Retire them now as they were meant to be studs and you can keep them as such or return them for a full refund so she could then retire them herself and auction them off again as studs.

That would have saved a lot of ill feeling and controversy.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

I was only posting because I don’t think the horses were retired to avoid racing against the incoming youngsters.

Honestly, we are where we are. The horses have been retired; there’s nothing to be done about what anyone thinks anyone ‘should have’ done. Let’s just enjoy the new studs - creates as well as a couple other rockstars that retired this year, explore the new gallop changes for chasers and try to constructively figure out what the division needs to improve and succeed.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Can we please keep this on the topic of discussing Play Leapfrog's place in history and not get sidetracked with the other issues? Thanks!
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Danny Derby wrote: 5 years ago Can we please keep this on the topic of discussing Play Leapfrog's place in history and not get sidetracked with the other issues? Thanks!
^^
yeah