FOUL SHOT loses female steeplechaser of the year?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Arthur Cutler
Derby Contender

FOUL SHOT loses female steeplechaser of the year?

Post by Arthur Cutler »

Just curious on the voting for Female chaser of the year How does Foul shot https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=753324 lose to bom bomb sliver https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=902481 in the voting
Hamish Mcgonaghal
Sprinter

Re: FOUL SHOT loses female steeplechaser of the year?

Post by Hamish Mcgonaghal »

It did run 2nd to Play Leapfrog once.

In all seriousness I think there was no vote your horse was just overlooked
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Bom Bomb Sliver has a headshot which looks nice. Foul shot doesnt have any?
How people vote is a mystery. Is Donald Trump really the best politician in USA?

I guess many players not into chasers vote for the headshots.. or a cool name.
I still think I was the best new trainer of the year in Y48 with 9millions in earnings but someone else got the award.

Just live with the knowledge that you had the best horse but someone else got the award. Peoples votes do that sometimes.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Arthur Cutler
Derby Contender

Post by Arthur Cutler »

Well if headshots is what
people vote for than i won't winning to many horses of the year..but thats ok...I usually only vote in the divisions that i know...If Hamish runs Lady Dogfox she probably wins the stewards cup race so i consider myself lucky anyway
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Arthur, this particular title wasn't voted on, as you can see the voting is still open for other categories. I'm sure if it was by vote your horse would have won, headshot or no headshot.
Arthur Cutler
Derby Contender

Post by Arthur Cutler »

Carol i believe the was an earlier voting for harness horses and steeplechasers and some others....I know i voted for foul shot my own horse...Just wanted to know that on head to head statistics Foul shot deserved the award...But stuff happens and we move on
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Oh yea of course! Totally forgot about it, just assumed chasers would have been tagged onto the thoroughbred voting ballot. I understand your frustration though, she deserved it for sure
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Which horses were nominated? I must have missed this...
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Arthur Cutler
Derby Contender

Post by Arthur Cutler »

I am not sure who else if any were nominated but Foul Shot and Bom Bomb Sliver...There is no list of nominations after the voting..Just calling it as i see it....Other than not having a Headshot which is ridiculous ( if the category was steeplechaser best headshot i would understand ) on purr stats Foul Shot wins...Even Hillary won the popular vote against Donald
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

It's a popularity contest that is meaningless.
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Lets look at this from a points perspective.

Foul Shot
Total Points: 200
2 G1 Wins
North America Region: 150 points
Stew Cup Distaff (G1) - 100 points
Majestic Pursuit Hurdle (G2) - 40 Points
Allowance - 10
South Pac: 50 points
Southern Aus Chase (G1) - 50 points
Australian Hurdle (G1) - 0
Australian Ladies Cup (G2) - 0

Bom Bom Silver
Total Points: 140
2 G1 Wins
South Pac:
Valley Chase (G2) - 16 points
Wilderness Chase (G3) - 0 points
Australian Ladies Cup (G2) - 0 points
Australian Hurdle (G1) - 50 points
Southern Australian Chase (G1) - 0 points
The Grand Tasman Chase (G1) - 50 points
Kalbarri Special (G2) - 24 points

Since there are only 2 Chaser SIMMYs, one for males and one for females, the competition is stiffer.
Based on the points, both horses are close in my view. I think the edge here is probably given to Bom Bom Silver since she stayed in the same region for all of Year 51. But only the Stew can say that for certain.
If the SC had been a normal G1 stakes race, then Foul Shot would have only had 150 points.
Maybe it's time to ask for additional Chaser SIMMYs? Since there are now 4 SC races and a few regions where they can race?
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Ali Hedgestone wrote: 5 years ago I think the edge here is probably given to Bom Bom Silver since she stayed in the same region for all of Year 51.
I'm so confused as to why that would matter.

Ali Hedgestone wrote: 5 years ago If the SC had been a normal G1 stakes race, then Foul Shot would have only had 150 points.
Maybe it's time to ask for additional Chaser SIMMYs? Since there are now 4 SC races and a few regions where they can race?
No no no! LESS SIMMY's across the board, not more!
Arthur Cutler
Derby Contender

Post by Arthur Cutler »

Bottom line for me is Foul Shot had more wins 4 only 2 for bom bomb...Two of those wins were grade 1(stewards cup being 1 of them) and a grade 2 race ...Bom bomb won just the two grade 1...Foul Shot earned more money and had more points..Again on stats Foul shot had a better year...Also harder for a horse to travel countries and win then stay in the same division
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Since Chasing isn't divided by region, wherever the races were won wouldn't matter. My guess is that barely anybody looked at the names they were voting on and since names are listed alphabetically.. people that don't have time to look at horses in all categories just voted for the first one in the list which would have been Bom Bom Silver.

Like lol I will admit that I haven't voted for a single SIMMY this year as I don't have time to look through a zillion horse's and only know of those that ran in the DR division this year. Would be nice if there was a generated page per SIMMY award like you get for race entries...
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Post by T.D. Palm »

You got hosed, Arthur !
It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it.