Hoping for some help

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Hoping for some help

Post by Dylan Christensen »

I’m not very active in the community but I think I have what could finally be a a big horse for me. This guy has won 2 graded stakes now with today’s win being a grade 2 over some very good horses. He’s my only chaser and i have no idea what I’m doing here but I was hoping for an end year Steward’s Cup try and some help figuring out what to do before that. He’s very sound so I was thinking going Week 9, Week 11, and then week 14 before the Steward’s Cup. I was hoping for some advice on whether or not this is a good idea and where I should run him. Thank you if anyone helps
yeah
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Re: Hoping for some help

Post by Regina Moore »

I think your planning is fine. With a "very sound" horse, I like to come into a big race on two weeks rest.

I would be a little careful with the shipping back and forth between continents every few races. Having said that, I all and all feel that players often worry about stuff like this too much.

Last year, I had a decent "very sound" filly in Europe that I didn't consider for the SC, because she hadn't had a very good season. For one of the SC races, I noticed a week or so before race day that it had a small field. So, I decided to enter and ship to America off the two week rest. It was unexpected and thrilling when she won.

Bom Bom Rocks
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Regina Moore wrote: 4 years ago I think your planning is fine. With a "very sound" horse, I like to come into a big race on two weeks rest.

I would be a little careful with the shipping back and forth between continents every few races. Having said that, I all and all feel that players often worry about stuff like this too much.

Last year, I had a decent "very sound" filly in Europe that I didn't consider for the SC, because she hadn't had a very good season. For one of the SC races, I noticed a week or so before race day that it had a small field. So, I decided to enter and ship to America off the two week rest. It was unexpected and thrilling when she won.

Bom Bom Rocks
*sneaks in* Her headshot is 😍 *sneaks out*
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Regina Moore wrote: 4 years ago I think your planning is fine. With a "very sound" horse, I like to come into a big race on two weeks rest.

Bom Bom Rocks
Thank you for this, I think what worried me most is last time he went on two weeks rest he laid an egg but hopefully that can be chalked up to the excessive shipping. I had originally chalked it up to being some weird chaser thing which is why I came seeking help :).
yeah
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Regina's answer was probably enough, but just to make you feel more confident I would've chosen the same schedule for him.
You could go into the Europe G1 week 11 (which seems to be a distance he really likes) and then ship to the U.S. during the 3 week break, hope he regresses a little bit and is then at his very best for the SC :)
Good luck with him!
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

Yes, she's lovely. It was a real bummer when it become apparent earlier this year that she wasn't going to be able to make the millionaire mark.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Regina Moore wrote: 4 years ago
Yes, she's lovely. It was a real bummer when it become apparent earlier this year that she wasn't going to be able to make the millionaire mark.
Maybe a few high purse allowance? 🤷‍♀️ She still did really good!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Lisa Bennert wrote: 4 years ago Regina's answer was probably enough, but just to make you feel more confident I would've chosen the same schedule for him.
You could go into the Europe G1 week 11 (which seems to be a distance he really likes) and then ship to the U.S. during the 3 week break, hope he regresses a little bit and is then at his very best for the SC :)
Good luck with him!
I will definitely keep that in mind! I have him in a real easy race right now to avoid shipping and help boost his confidence to the max in case he loses coming up. If you don’t think this is a good idea please let me know!
yeah