'Natural' chaser rating?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Re: 'Natural' chaser rating?

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

Emmie Kay wrote: 4 years ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago Could someone please tell me what the 'natural' chaser comment amounts to? I have a 3yo filly that was galloped at the year change over so it's showing me her gallop comment rather than her chase comment and she just raced so I can't train her to jump. Thanks in advance!
It used to mean Chase Stakes, now it means Chase Allowance after the Y54 adjustment. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong. 🧐
I actually have at least one that went from "natural" last season to a chase claimer with the current adjustment. Makes sense because he is a maiden after 8 starts. Actually, I have two that made the downward plunge from natural to claimer; the other is an unstarted 3 YO. Well, at least the 3 YO is a late bloomer :roll:
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago You guys might want to make a new post, you kinda took over Carol’s 😉
Aha thanks Rochelle but yea the question was answered already so I don’t mind ;)
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

❤️
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Lee Tuttle
Miler

Post by Lee Tuttle »

I was wondering when this thread would start.
Chasers seem like the middle redheaded step child of the sim.

I have one that was chase freak as a 3yo, then got nerfed a few seasons back to chase stakes just before he started racing.
He went back to chase freak this last offseason, then slapped back to chase stakes with the most recent beating.

Dearest Lovely Steward, quit taking out your aggressions on the chaser people. Abuse some dirt route thoroughbreds instead, you know....the golden children. The cutest and everyones favorites.

:lol:
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Lee Tuttle wrote: 4 years ago
Dearest Lovely Steward, quit taking out your aggressions on the chaser people. Abuse some dirt route thoroughbreds instead, you know....the golden children. The cutest and everyones favorites.

I'm coming for them next!!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago
Lee Tuttle wrote: 4 years ago

I'm coming for them next!!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Ability ratings are nice to know, so this is not a post about getting rid of gallops. But I race my horses based on how they perform on the track.

As an experiment in willpower, I have one horse I have never galloped and just ran. I plan on doing it with a few more. Just wish there was another way to get equipment than gallops or I would do it more often.

The benefit to ability ratings is that I am also working on flat/chaser bred horses. So I get super stoked when I find a horse with ability on both.
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

With chasers its all we have to go on when they are 2yo and when they start racing as 3yo's.
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Ali Hedgestone wrote: 4 years ago Ability ratings are nice to know, so this is not a post about getting rid of gallops. But I race my horses based on how they perform on the track.

As an experiment in willpower, I have one horse I have never galloped and just ran. I plan on doing it with a few more. Just wish there was another way to get equipment than gallops or I would do it more often.

The benefit to ability ratings is that I am also working on flat/chaser bred horses. So I get super stoked when I find a horse with ability on both.
Ok. Example.

This one stayed as Chase Freak: https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1069152
This one changed from Chase Freak to Chase Stakes... https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1079996

Well, the rating isn't everything.. :)
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Flizan Hambletonian wrote: 4 years ago
Ali Hedgestone wrote: 4 years ago Ability ratings are nice to know, so this is not a post about getting rid of gallops. But I race my horses based on how they perform on the track.

Ok. Example.

This one stayed as Chase Freak: https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1069152
This one changed from Chase Freak to Chase Stakes... https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1079996

I just looked in your barn and they were both Chase Freak still? (Unless someone changed yesterday and you galloped, I didn't check that part and now I'm not in your barn anymore)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

So I jumped the original filly I posted about and I'm glad I did because she's a chase claimer now and jumped 'with confidence', so this allowance TR is staying on the flat!
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago
Flizan Hambletonian wrote: 4 years ago

Ok. Example.

I just looked in your barn and they were both Chase Freak still? (Unless someone changed yesterday and you galloped, I didn't check that part and now I'm not in your barn anymore)
I havn't jumped the horses since you automatically changed the ratings... I'm very happy if both are freaks! The other 2 y olds are a very sad story... Much needed change, but I really have to hold myself from crying my eyes out right now! ;)
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Dave Trainer wrote: 4 years ago With chasers its all we have to go on when they are 2yo and when they start racing as 3yo's.
It would be cool if you could do timed works over the jumps, that would help bridge the gap that exists I would think.
yeah
Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

Post by Rachel Sadler »

I find this thread very sad in regards to Lalor and this chopping and changing, it did not have to be posted if the issues bought up were listened to earlier.

The Steward was contacted by not only myself, but another player as well at the beginning of last year with concerns about the number of freaks that Lalor was producing compared to the drop in the number of freaks across the boards in stables, it was ridiculously high. But we were just fobbed off.

So good luck in getting anything done, I am so over all the chopping and changing its unrealistic and makes the chaser division not a fun one to be in.
"I wish people will tell me when there unhappy"

We did, and you didn't do anything to fix the reason why we are unhappy!
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

There’s not much you can do but wait for Lalor to be pensioned, mixers have been dealing with the same thing ever since Holiday Stallions came into the bunch as Pete mentioned. It sucks, but you can’t just tell Lucas he has to pension Lalor or give a significant knock to Lalor’s ability. It sucks but there's really no great solution the way I see it.
yeah