'Natural' chaser rating?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

'Natural' chaser rating?

Post by Carole Hanson »

Could someone please tell me what the 'natural' chaser comment amounts to? I have a 3yo filly that was galloped at the year change over so it's showing me her gallop comment rather than her chase comment and she just raced so I can't train her to jump. Thanks in advance!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: 'Natural' chaser rating?

Post by Carole Hanson »

Ah ok, thanks so much Emmie!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I always write in my horse's notes what they first galloped as.... I'm not having much luck with this one:
Mach One Boom

He's "progressing" the wrong direction :P

From his notes:
Colt, sound, progressive type [chase - was a stakes as a yearling...dropped to allowance as a 2yr old]

With this change, he's now a claimer. :|

I understand his ability didn't change with this update, but it's still a bummer to see a yearling's ability to step ladder down from stakes to claimer. At least he's making me a little bit of money on the track. : )

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Emmie Kay wrote: 4 years ago
Stormy Peak wrote: 4 years ago I always write in my horse's notes what they first galloped as.... I'm not having much luck with this one:
Mach One Boom

He's "progressing" the wrong direction :P

From his notes:
Colt, sound, progressive type [chase - was a stakes as a yearling...dropped to allowance as a 2yr old]

With this change, he's now a claimer. :|

I understand his ability didn't change with this update, but it's still a bummer to see a yearling's ability to step ladder down from stakes to claimer. At least he's making me a little bit of money on the track. : )

Stormy
I hear that Stormy. I had a 3yo filly like that. Stakes Y53>Allowance Y54>Claimer Y54 W9.

This update has me so confused. 🥴 I feel like we just went backwards somehow with chasers.

I’m also pretty concerned that for chaser studs...Lalor is now almost 27% Freaks...which is 3x the amount of the other two created studs and GP studs (Novellist&Dandino). I have to believe there’s got to be some plan to counter that issue? There can’t be one single chaser stud, created and sold on the sales page, that churns out more Freaks by far than any other available. Won’t that just lead to issues of everyone breeding to him and pedigrees lacking diversity?
With all of these updates my chase stakes is now a chase claimer somehow lol. All my Chase Freaks are still Chase Freaks though so I am happy.
yeah
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Emmie Kay wrote: 4 years ago
Dylan Christensen wrote: 4 years ago
With all of these updates my chase stakes is now a chase claimer somehow lol. All my Chase Freaks are still Chase Freaks though so I am happy.
I’m honestly more worried about the chaser stud issue now, with the new percentages. It seems the 2yo chasers weren’t as dramatically affected by change as the older chasers were. Someone can correct me on that if I’m off base though.
I'd think the changes would be across the board so I'm guessing you just had 2 year olds higher in their comments maybe?
yeah
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

From 13 2yo chase freaks, 12 of them are now Chase Stakes after the comment adjustment. Hopefully that means my one remaining is actually freaky!

My 1 homebred 3yo chase freak is now a chase stakes, but I recently purchased an Allowance TR/Chase Freak filly who stayed a chase freak! So that’s super exciting!

As for the rest of them, I know I had one older chase freak become a chase stakes, the other two are still chase freaks :)

On that note I should probably buy them insurance
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Also, while I don't have any 2 year old chasers I have 3 3 year old freaks and they all stayed so maybe that refutes that idea a bit more? Not totally sure though
yeah
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Definitely funky but it did happen to me as well for my only non freak chaser
yeah
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Emmie Kay wrote: 4 years ago I’m also pretty concerned that for chaser studs, Lalor is now almost 27% Freaks, which is 3x the amount of the other two created studs and GP studs:
When looking at gallops %s for chasers it's for ALL gallops. So that includes flat claimers, different careers and if they are able to sire over multiple surfaces those foals too. W
Thus, with some of these sires you need to take a deeper look at the numbers. I pulled just two out as examples.

Country House (KY) - 172 foals - Not all chaser bred and has only 143 galloped offspring counted in the stats. So 4.2% is of all gallops, not just chaser gallops. If you look at just his chaser gallops he's at 24%
Stud Book: 4.2%
Chaser gallops only: 24%

Novellist (IRE) - 624 foals. Also not all chaser bred. 10.5% if you only look at chaser gallop stats. Is also an older GP sire, so I wouldn't expect his numbers to be in line with the younger stallions.
Stuf Book: 7.6%
Chaser gallops only: 10.5%
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Take a deeper look at Lalor and only count those that have chase galloped and he has 96 Freaks from 215 which equates to 44.65%.

So he's not 3 x as good as Novellist but nearer 4.5 times as good.

Country House is another created stud.

This has been raised before but it really does make it pointless to retire our horses and breed from them when these created studs are just thrown in and are better than player bred ones.

Tremendous Flyer is top of the player bred studs at 4.4%
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

I didn’t realize the disparity was so huge. I guess that’s why people wait so long to retire chasers.
yeah
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

I have 2 SC-stallions to retire this year, but I don't think they will be as good as Lalor or Country House... ;) https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=851367, https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=933167

Country House is mainly a TR and AWR, but he hypos equal as Play Leapfrog/ Jimmie Durante for SC. I have hypoed him a lot (since he is my stallion)- Lalor and Dandino are still better... I'm waiting for Lalor-sons or Novellist-sons to be new studs! :)

There are more Real Life stallions sold at the same auction as Country House that has SC-ability. For example Rocketry, Saturnalia...
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Hmmm sounds like what mixers have been dealing with for the past 7 or 8 seasons.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago Hmmm sounds like what mixers have been dealing with for the past 7 or 8 seasons.
I was about to say the same thing! Smart cookie 😉
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

You guys might want to make a new post, you kinda took over Carol’s 😉