'Natural' chaser rating?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Re: 'Natural' chaser rating?

Post by Dave Trainer »

Wait another 5 game years (nearly 2 real life years). Are you being serious?. Mixers haven't been dealing with the same thing as there was more than one Holiday stallion created.

Not that I'm suggesting creating more of them as that would be another big kick in the teeth for player bred studs.

None of them should have been created and if they were to diversify then they should have been made GP sires or the game could have put them up to take money out and don't make them better than player bred studs,
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

What’s the proposed solution then?
yeah
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Haha fitting reference though. The only thing is that this seems a little unfair to Lucas imo. I know if it were me I wouldn’t want my big money maker getting nerfed like that but I’m not him and there isn’t a decision for me to make here, just my two cents.
yeah
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Can we vote to get other things nurfed too?
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I dunno, there are some horses out there better than mine that I wouldn’t mind nerfing
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

And also some players with better barns, they should probably get nerfed too
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I do have chasers...and as someone who has been ganged up on about a horse it’s not cool at all. Though you should know, cause you were there.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Emmie Kay wrote: 4 years ago Lalor is a totally different animal. You can’t deny that much, can you?
Lalor is no doubt the best of the rest however, I don't think he's that much better. The Steward has been doing this for 20 years, yes she has made some mistakes but one this drastic, I have a hard time believing she really made that big of a mistake. If you look at Lalor's first crop chasers 48 of 79 were bred by Lucas Davenport, now if you look at the dam's of these horse, it is absolutely insane how good of a broodmares band Lucas has. While he himself did admit he had a better year than usual with Lalor he didn't make it seem like it was that much better than usual. Furthermore, if you look at Lalor's bottom 16 earners only 3 were bred by Lucas. I think Lalor is no doubt better than the rest, but I don't believe he is as much better as you would first believe, he just got some absurdly good mares.
yeah
Lee Tuttle
Miler

Post by Lee Tuttle »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago
Lee Tuttle wrote: 4 years ago
Dearest Lovely Steward, quit taking out your aggressions on the chaser people. Abuse some dirt route thoroughbreds instead, you know....the golden children. The cutest and everyones favorites.

:lol:
I'm coming for them next!!
As long as mine only improve, I'm on board. If they regress, I will be on here whining again.

;)
Lee Tuttle
Miler

Post by Lee Tuttle »

Senor Davenport paid a pretty penny for Lalor. If he wasn't above average, he'd have every right to be disappointed.
Since he is above average, I'd expect Mr. Davenport to be rather proud of his investment.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Lee Tuttle wrote: 4 years ago Senor Davenport paid a pretty penny for Lalor. If he wasn't above average, he'd have every right to be disappointed.
Since he is above average, I'd expect Mr. Davenport to be rather proud of his investment.
He might have paid even more if he'd been up for auction rather than put on the sales page and there are plenty of Steward breds who cost a pretty penny that were far from above average.

This is a created horse not a bred one. It should never have happened.

What do you think would have been said if a DR stud had been created 4 times as good as James Dean, Allonsy etc? I don't imagine the owners of DR studs would have been too pleased.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 4 years ago
Emmie Kay wrote: 4 years ago Lalor is a totally different animal. You can’t deny that much, can you?
Lalor is no doubt the best of the rest however, I don't think he's that much better. The Steward has been doing this for 20 years, yes she has made some mistakes but one this drastic, I have a hard time believing she really made that big of a mistake. If you look at Lalor's first crop chasers 48 of 79 were bred by Lucas Davenport, now if you look at the dam's of these horse, it is absolutely insane how good of a broodmares band Lucas has. While he himself did admit he had a better year than usual with Lalor he didn't make it seem like it was that much better than usual. Furthermore, if you look at Lalor's bottom 16 earners only 3 were bred by Lucas. I think Lalor is no doubt better than the rest, but I don't believe he is as much better as you would first believe, he just got some absurdly good mares.
He doesn't have a broodmare band 4 times as good as Rachel Sadler's does he? And if you're saying that his bottom 16 earners were from poor mares that makes him even more overpowered than he looks on the stats.
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

Well I should look at the Forum more often (Or maybe this is why I don't!). I haven't really considered very long how to solve this "Problem," but I do have a thought. I will breed most of my brilliant mares to Lalor again, and auction 70-75% of them off as foals. I'll put a reasonable minimum on them, and you can bid on them. And believe me, I don't need the money. Maybe that will help with this. However maybe ten Sim years ago Dogfox Apparatus seemed to be every bit as much superior as Lalor seems now, and I just bred my mares to him. I think he was 35K, but I could be wrong about that. However, a month or so ago I did put a Forum post offering 3 year old freak chasers for sale or trade, and only one player has even bought any, and he didn't even reply to the post per se, just asked if I would sell him some 3 year old filly freak chasers. Which I did.

And Dave, just quit your whining. If you don't have it, the game isn't fair. I don't know or care how many mares Rachel has, but I currently have 45 brilliant chaser mares, and 4 "strongs" that won over 250K each. Basically when I read posts like this I know I should just quit this stupid game, because it brings out both the best and worst in people.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

I''ll quit complaining about created studs that aren't 4 times as good as player bred studs when they stop being created. It doesn't matter who has the stud.

"If I don't have it it isn't fair" lol You're entitled to your opinion of me even if it is laughable. Take as many cheap shots as you want. Lalor should never have been created. You know it, I know it. Em knows it, which is why she has said she won't do it again.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Lucas Davenport wrote: 4 years ago Well I should look at the Forum more often (Or maybe this is why I don't!). I haven't really considered very long how to solve this "Problem," but I do have a thought. I will breed most of my brilliant mares to Lalor again, and auction 70-75% of them off as foals. I'll put a reasonable minimum on them, and you can bid on them. And believe me, I don't need the money. Maybe that will help with this. However maybe ten Sim years ago Dogfox Apparatus seemed to be every bit as much superior as Lalor seems now, and I just bred my mares to him. I think he was 35K, but I could be wrong about that. However, a month or so ago I did put a Forum post offering 3 year old freak chasers for sale or trade, and only one player has even bought any, and he didn't even reply to the post per se, just asked if I would sell him some 3 year old filly freak chasers. Which I did.

And Dave, just quit your whining. If you don't have it, the game isn't fair. I don't know or care how many mares Rachel has, but I currently have 45 brilliant chaser mares, and 4 "strongs" that won over 250K each. Basically when I read posts like this I know I should just quit this stupid game, because it brings out both the best and worst in people.
I’m going to say two things, first of all, very well stated Lucas. Second of all, how much better was this crop than your usual crop? I think that’s the easiest way to know just how much better Lalor really is.
yeah