Star/Brilliant TR Mare-What Should I Do With Her?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Star/Brilliant TR Mare-What Should I Do With Her?

Post by Carole Hanson »

So I just retired Dandia (Dandino x Satono Diamond mare) and was pleasantly surprised to find out she has good potential as a broodmare! However, I know nothing about the chase division and would love it if somebody had any suggestions for a stallion that can throw both a flat turf router and a chaser? Or perhaps should I try for one division at a time, so get a flat foal first and then a chase foal?

Any opinions would be much appreciated!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Star/Brilliant TR Mare-What Should I Do With Her?

Post by Carole Hanson »

Here's some hypos I've just done:

Flat B+/Chase A:
Advance to Go
Country House
Lalor
Le Vent Se Leve
Novellist
Saturnalia

Flat B+/Chase A-:
Blast Onepiece

Flat B+/Chase C+:
King of Ashes
Moon Faced
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

I always think dual “use” horses are really cool and don’t see any issue trying to breed for that, especially when the two best studs in chasing right now can do both. So I’d say Country House and Lalor are equally great choices or really any of them you had up there. I just say go with what feels right/has the gallop numbers and price you are looking for and hope for a pretty baby!
yeah
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Thanks Dylan! I really want to see if I can get a really nice dual purpose horse, I’ve never really had one before so we’ll see if I can make something happen!
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Good luck!
yeah
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

You should try Lalor or Novellist if you want a chaser that might do route. If you want a router who might chase Country House might be a better choice. The stats don't show Country House as one of the best two chase studs but he does have a couple of Stakes gallopers on the flat.

Neither Novellist or Lalor have anything above allowance on the flat but have a higher %age of Chase Freaks and a much higher %age of Chase Stakes.

You could also try Kementari. 1 Chase Freak and 6 Chase Stakes from 22 chase galloped and 9 flat Stakes.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Country house has 24% freak chasers and 32% stakes chasers although it is a very small sample size. That's just why I said he was top 2 in chaser sires. Kementari has about a 4.5% chase freak and 27% stakes, neither of which reach Country House and Novelist only has 8.7% chase freak and 18.3% stakes so while he's still stellar Country House does have better numbers
yeah
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Have a look at the stud book. Country House doesn't have 24% Freak Chasers

You are going on what has been chase galloped. You don't know how many chasers haven't been galloped.

Novellist has a lot more chase galloped and his stats are more reliable
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

That's why I said there's a small size and that's why I said I personally ranked him top 2. I understand why you might not just wanted to present what I meant
yeah
Te Akau Downs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Te Akau Downs »

Advance to go already has a muliple stakes winner from first crop to the track, hes injecting speed into chasers
PATIENCE is the cheapest thing in racing and least used.. J.B Cummings..
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

To jump in here I have mares that at TR/Chase, DR/Chaser, TS/Chase, and AWR/Chase. Working really hard on getting some good foals that can run on both. But it's hard!
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

Have repeatedly suggested that trying to get dual surface imo reduces the chances of either side being truly great. BUT that is your decision if you want to try. IF I was trying to do that I would try Le Vent Se Leve who already (oldest only 3) has multiple grade 1 stakes winners on both AW and turf, and hypos well for jumping. I didn't try any chasers with him first couple of years so how well they actually perform remains a question. Good luck, Lucas
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Thanks all for your suggestions. I went with Le Vent Se Leve for this season and we’ll see how that foal turns out. I’ll more than likely go the TR route next season and then try for a chaser but I might just change my mind, who knows!

Anyway, thank you for all the analysis and suggestions!
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Ali Hedgestone wrote: 4 years ago To jump in here I have mares that at TR/Chase, DR/Chaser, TS/Chase, and AWR/Chase. Working really hard on getting some good foals that can run on both. But it's hard!
Rocketry came with a note from the steward: Steeplechase/Dirt Marathoner. He has produced chase freaks and dirt router stakes.
Country house is TR/AWR/Chaser.
Good Samaritan is AWM/Chaser
Maximum security DM/Chaser

I have ended up with an allowance late bloomer out of lalor. (his only allowance foal so far), I am still trying to work out if it is turf router that is his "second" surface.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...