Cheltenham Festival

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Cheltenham Festival

Post by Carole Hanson »

Min jumped brilliantly all the way round and clearly enjoyed himself today, battled hard for that win! Frodon just looked as if he lost interest after one lap, he’ll be back to his best soon I’m sure.

Also managed to pick the winner at Doncaster so I’m now 2/4 so far for today, would be very surprised if Paisley Park doesn’t make it 3/5.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Back to the drawing board for me lol
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Well I was wrong, Paisley Park gets run off his feet and after being squeezed out at a crucial point he finishes down the field. Lisnagar Oscar springs a huge 50-1 upset!
Joe Bengston
Turf Router

Post by Joe Bengston »

10-5-1-2
19-10-3-1-8
12-1-8
11-3-8-15
7-17-4
4-18-1

here are my selections for the races at Cheltenham today.
I'm Joe bengston in the Sim, so just call me Joe.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

First 4 races on the card yankee as we call it
These 11 bets consist of:

1. Six Doubles.
2. Four Trebles.
3. One fourfold accumulator.

Allmankind 1.30
Aramon 2.10
Harry Senior 2.50
Santini 3.30
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

I am trying to follow the festival I enjoy Steeplechasing just as much as I love Cross Country. I do wish there was a way for Americans to watch, but it is nowhere and every time I try I have to create a login and since I do not have an English postcode, I can't.
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Alyssa Lapa wrote: 4 years ago I am trying to follow the festival I enjoy Steeplechasing just as much as I love Cross Country. I do wish there was a way for Americans to watch, but it is nowhere and every time I try I have to create a login and since I do not have an English postcode, I can't.
Use a VPN and just search up a random UK address, should work fine.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Here we go, time for the Gold Cup! I’ve got Delta Work in this one but there’s a lot of these that I’d like to see win
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Back to back Gold Cups for Al Boum Photo! First since Best Máté in 2004! Santini 2nd, 3rd for Lostintranslation, 4th Monalee. Fantastic race!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Missed the Triumph Hurdle but sounds like it was a shocker! Goshen was apparently miles clear when he unseated the rider at the last, oof!
Bertie Bassett
Miler

Post by Bertie Bassett »

Heading back to Canada a few pounds lighter after the Gold Cup. Had 2 hundred pounds to win on Santini :cry: At least my better half backed Al Boum Photo.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Great festival the big studs had a few winners to keep them believing , but plenty of small operators had there day again like always

Long may it continue i say
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Just hope the National goes ahead amidst all these suspensions of sporting events due to covid-19! Even if there weren’t any live spectators I really want to see Tiger Roll give that 3rd National a go.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Think it will be a no no Carole, in fact come next week the pressure will be to much for the powers that be to conform,

My view , better to be safe than , well you know what comes next
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I just feel so bad for all the athletes who are getting events cancelled. For example, I follow figure skating and recently they had to cancel next week’s world championships. Can’t imagine preparing all season for this competition, qualifying, being in your peak condition and then not being able to compete. Things might be totally different in the next year. Like with Tiger Roll, I highly doubt they would keep him around for 2021 to contest that 3rd National in the end.

But you’re absolutely right, safety and health is always above sports and entertainment.