Race Times Glitch

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Race Times Glitch

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Just noticed that race times are totally messed up for chasers. This has probably been addressed in the past but oh well. The record time going 2 1/2 chase is 4:45.50. If you go another 1/8 of a mile you actually get faster going 4:44.39. But again, if you go another 1/8 you add 45 seconds with 5:28.12. Maybe this has to do with the number of jumps or maybe it really is a glitch. Whatever it is just thought it was a weird little thing, probably to late to fix now if it truly is a glitch.
Last edited by Dylan Christensen 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
yeah
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Race Times Glitch

Post by The Steward »

Thanks for the heads up, I'll look into it... but could someone email me this info so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle? Thanks!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Honestly, the record times are all a little weird, and I bet it is just a function of number of jumps and slowing down the pace as you go further. You don't have milers sustaining their mile pace over a marathon. For example, the 4 mile record time is over a minute slower than the 3 1/2 mile record time, which in turn is more than a minute slower than the 3 1/4 record time.

I suspect it will turn out that Made in Perfection's 2 5/8 record is a one off freaky performance, because if you take that out, the rest of the record times are a little more in line with each other, just like Satelite, after all these years, still holds the 6 furlong dirt record.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

In the UK the Grand National used to be run over 4 miles and 856 yards until 2013 when it was shortened by 110 yards (1/2 a furlong) after a safety review. It has since been shortened again and is now run over 4 miles 514 yds (340 yds shorter than pre 2013)

The course record is still held by Mr Frisk who won in 1990. 8 min 47.8 sec.

Even since the course has been shortened only Many Clouds in 2015 has recorded a winning time under 9 minutes. So its not unrealistic even if it is a glitch.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I think this is fixed now.... the one distance in between (2 5/8 miles over jumps) had a proper "slowest possible time" but the "fastest possible time" was off by a second and a half. Keep an eye on it.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Arthur Cutler
Derby Contender

Post by Arthur Cutler »

I THink there was another race time glitch in lalor atractions stewards cup race the 2 5/8 race was in 4;50 and change should have had a speed rating in the mid 90's in was listed speed rating of a 100 https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1543921 in fact all he speed ratings for the rest of the field look a little off