A silly little question

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

A silly little question

Post by Shannon Hunt »

But that's what the forums are for, eh?

How does one rate a chase claimer - is it like an aws claimer (garbage but with correct placement you can still make back the stud fee and change without much difficulty), or is it like a harness claimer (abandon all hope, goodbye)?

Asking for a friend. Out of curiosity. The friend is curious, not me. I definitely didn't breed a chase claimer.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Re: A silly little question

Post by Dave Trainer »

You might find a small field maiden to win but in general you'd be lucky to win NW2. It is possible to find some small field races though so there is always hope.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

There is a chaser track for claimers, or Am I stating the obvious?
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Thanks, Dave, good to know. Nick, I am frequently blind to the obvious so for me it's helpful to have it stated :)
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Arthur Cutler
Derby Contender

Post by Arthur Cutler »

Shannon Hunt wrote: 3 years ago But that's what the forums are for, eh?

How does one rate a chase claimer - is it like an aws claimer (garbage but with correct placement you can still make back the stud fee and change without much difficulty), or is it like a harness claimer (abandon all hope, goodbye)?

Asking for a friend. Out of curiosity. The friend is curious, not me. I definitely didn't breed a chase claimer.
How old is the Horse?
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I find that most of my chase some potential eventually wins a maiden at the end of fourth year or fifth.
When all others have lost their maidens even chase potential can be enough.
But I retire my chase potential and chase claimer directly after a maiden win.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Arthur Cutler wrote: 3 years ago How old is the Horse?
Still just two, DC on the flat as well. I suppose its job will be to pick up checks in unfilled maidens. Not terrible pocket money in the long run.

Sounds reasonable, Polk. I retire a lot of crappy flat horses straight after maiden win too, makes sense to do the same with crappy chasers.

Thanks Nick!