So...can we run horses on flat and chase simultaneously?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

So...can we run horses on flat and chase simultaneously?

Post by Dylan Christensen »

I’m pretty sure this has been asked before but things are always changing in the SIM and I was hoping we could have a discussion again.

I believe in the past the reason cited for not being able to is it’s a hard change that happens when the horses are changed from flat to chase. Maybe there could be a “switch” to flip between the two.

If this doesn’t happen it’s not necessarily a big deal I just know more and more people are breeding stuff that can do both and it sucks that you have to choose between one or the other.
yeah
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Re: So...can we run horses on flat and chase simultaneously?

Post by Lucas Davenport »

IMO, if you want a good (above average, stakes winning caliber) chaser you breed as a chaser ONLY.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I think your question/suggestion is valid, Dylan.

But, I reckon it would be possible to shift between chase and flat if programming would have allowed? I see no reason otherwise to why chasers would be the sole division where crossing into other divisions/surfaces wouldn't be possible.
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

I asked this a while ago and Em said it can't be done, She did tell me why but I can't remember.

I also agree with Lucas about the breeding.
Jack Christensen
Derby Contender

Post by Jack Christensen »

Lucas Davenport wrote: 3 years ago IMO, if you want a good (above average, stakes winning caliber) chaser you breed as a chaser ONLY.
I have had horses that gallop okay on both, but you definitely get more consistent results for chasers breeding only chasers.
Jack Christensen
Derby Contender

Post by Jack Christensen »

I also do like the idea of being able to switch between chasers and flat.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

I get what you mean, it’s definitely way easier to breed good chasers just by breeding them to chase but it’s definitely fun, at least to me, to breed a few for both. It’s worked with some success thus far which is why I asked for the feature.
yeah
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Lucas Davenport wrote: 3 years ago IMO, if you want a good (above average, stakes winning caliber) chaser you breed as a chaser ONLY.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1153080 was a stakes AW racer on the flat. Doing an impressive 87 sf.

I consider her above average as a chaser too :)

But true, it hurts to "waste" a stakes AW horse that is better as a chaser.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...