Le Vent Se Leve as a Chaser stallion

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Le Vent Se Leve as a Chaser stallion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

Was doing some chaser breeding this afternoon, and when looking at the Stud book for chasers, I noticed that the percentage of chaser freaks sired by Le Vent Se Leve is listed as 2.1%. While this is mathematically correct for all the horses he has sired, it is misleading as a percentage of chasers he has sired, since he has sired so many more flat racers. Did a bit of rough math, and the more accurate percentage of chaser freaks as a percentage of chasers sired is 12.3%. I wouldn't pay (or charge) 50K for a 2.1% chance of getting a chaser freak.

As a side note I currently have one "solid" flat rating for a Le Vent Se Leve foal bred to chase (over a Lalor mare), and several claimer ratings as well, for those who have an interest in going in that direction for breeding.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Le Vent Se Leve as a Chaser stallion

Post by Dave Trainer »

The chase figures are always misleading anyway as none of the yearlings have jump trained.