Hypo weirdness

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Hypo weirdness

Post by Laura Smith »

So I have this. https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1235392
Nice TR, BSA'ed BH/greatest strength. Ok cool. I'm not planning to try to breed a straight up chaser from her, but I'd be interested in breeding a nice TR who could also chase a bit.
Funny thing is that her chase hypos are all trash. I have other "greatest strength" mares that have A- chase hypos. This one doesn't do better than a C+ even with nice chase sires:
Horse Flat Steeplechaser
Artilleryman A- C
Dandino A- C+
Fearless Spirit B+ C
Kilcreggan B C+
Lalor B+ C+
Le Vent Se Leve A- C+
Anyone have any insight? I know there's no chase on her sire's side, so there's obviously that. Maybe it's just because she has a fairly novel female side? But then again, her half Danon Glorious is A-/A- to an Omaha Beach BH/brilliant I have. So... what's up here?
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Hypo weirdness

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I would say that it’s likely her dam sire causing the +. From what I remember most chaser people wouldn’t breed a strong with anything less than an A+.

You could definitely try to increase the chase ability of her kids, but it would likely take generations 🤔
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I think with chasers, greatest strength is like breeding a formidable. Most are looking for ‘brilliant’ mares. She sure hypos nice for turf routing tho!
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 2 years ago I would say that it’s likely her dam sire causing the +. From what I remember most chaser people wouldn’t breed a strong with anything less than an A+.

You could definitely try to increase the chase ability of her kids, but it would likely take generations 🤔
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a strong get an A+ tbh
yeah
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 2 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 2 years ago I would say that it’s likely her dam sire causing the +. From what I remember most chaser people wouldn’t breed a strong with anything less than an A+.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a strong get an A+ tbh
Exactly 😉
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I mean, I know the chase ability there is minimal/not really worth pursuing, but I still think it's weird that I have other strongs that throw A- all over the place, and even no potentials that have a string of B+ with stallions that have some chase ability, but here's a strong that can't do better than a C+ with Lalor?
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

I'd believe the hypomate and not the bloodstock agent report. IMO "brilliants" are only worth spending Lalor money on if they give you an A+
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.