Training to jump?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Training to jump?

Post by Eric Gray »

I feel like I should already know this, but as I have never had a steeplechaser before, I don’t.
Two questions.

1 - when you train a horse to jump, can they then compete in either steeplechase events AND regular races, or is it one or the other?

2 - If no to number one, after you teach a horse to jump, if you don’t like the results, can you switch back?

I have a horse, https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1302497, that I believe will make a good steeplechaser and am considering making the move. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Training to jump?

Post by Carole Hanson »

If you teach them to jump, you’re just checking their chase ability. You need to press the “Become a Steeplechaser” button for the horse to be eligible to run in chase races. However, once the button is pressed you cannot go back to the flat with that horse, it is now a chase horse until it retires.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: Training to jump?

Post by Eric Gray »

Thanks Carole.