Chaser gallops year 61

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Chaser gallops year 61

Post by Polk Buffalo »

No one started this so I will go first:

I galloped 182 chasers. (2 year olds)

Chase Freak 34
Chase Stakes 36
Chase Allowance 46
Chase Claimer 57
Chase Some Potential 9

I was hoping for 35 Chase Freak. Ended up pretty close.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: Chaser gallops year 61

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Only bred 53 but had good percentages

23 freaks
11 stakes
12 allowance
5 claimer
2 some potential

Seems Altior really had a big breakout year for me with 10 freaks. Another 11 followed from Kilcreggan with the final 2 being from Rocketry and Fiftyshadesbriter. As you may guess I’m very excited about this crop
yeah
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

I only keep a very very small chaser barn and had four 2yos to jump for 2x freaks (Lalor filly and Sir Dragonet colt) and 2x Allowance so I'm pretty happy. Its likely only one of the freaks will become a chaser since the other also gallops stakes LB.
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
Maria Schreuder
Derby Contender

Post by Maria Schreuder »

I had 12 of 48 turn out freak, sired by Lalor (2), Fiftyshadesbriter, Kilcreggan (4) and my own Hedge da Lalor (5).
Jack Ryder
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Jack Ryder »

My one chase stakes is coming for you all!
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

The percentage of freaks in this division makes it too hard to be competitive.
Just like Arabian routers.
I’m slowly getting rid of my Steeplechase stock and will start on Arabian routers next.
Too many Freaks to win through conditions.
Having a freak should mean something. In these divisions, they are just sad because there are too many of them.
Maria Schreuder
Derby Contender

Post by Maria Schreuder »

I would really appreciate an overhaul of chaser gallops too - maybe it is time to bring it up to the Steward if not done already?
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

These 2 year olds are my 1st try at breeding Steeplechase

One stakes peaked colt
One allowance late B filly
One Claimers late B colt
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Andrea Bouwkamp wrote: 2 years ago The percentage of freaks in this division makes it too hard to be competitive.
I’m slowly getting rid of my Steeplechase stock and will start on Arabian routers next.
Having a freak should mean something. In these divisions, they are just sad because there are too many of them.
While you don’t really have anyway of knowing whether or not they are a true freak until the hit the track it’s not like no true freaks exist
yeah
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 2 years ago
Andrea Bouwkamp wrote: 2 years ago The percentage of freaks in this division makes it too hard to be competitive.
While you don’t really have anyway of knowing whether or not they are a true freak until the hit the track it’s not like no true freaks exist
Only been doing Steeplechase for 2 seasons now and learned stakes horses are 8k claiming in some cases
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 2 years ago
Dylan Christensen wrote: 2 years ago
Only been doing Steeplechase for 2 seasons now and learned stakes horses are 8k claiming in some cases
I so understand Chasers are getting as ridiculous as Arab routers too. I have many Chase freaks running in claimers so they can win and many times they don’t. :lol:
Too much competition at the Freak level.
Being a freak should be very rare and mean something.
It doesn’t anymore. Very sad.
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

One of the stronger players (new to chasers) in the game recently asked me a question about chasers via PM, and I simply told him you have to race freaks for a year to see where they are: really good or very average. If you think a chaser "freak" means its going to automatically be a Grade 1 winner I think you need to re-examine your expectations, rather than throw away the baby with the bathwater. I think I had about 50 2 year olds gallop train to jump as freak this year, and obviously I don't expect even half of them to become stakes winners. It is what it is.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I am happy to admit that I have no idea what I am doing with my chasers. I don't know who is good or bad or how to enter them. I just toss them at races and yell "yippee" and hope it works.
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Lucas Davenport wrote: 2 years ago One of the stronger players (new to chasers) in the game recently asked me a question about chasers via PM, and I simply told him you have to race freaks for a year to see where they are: really good or very average. If you think a chaser "freak" means its going to automatically be a Grade 1 winner I think you need to re-examine your expectations, rather than throw away the baby with the bathwater. I think I had about 50 2 year olds gallop train to jump as freak this year, and obviously I don't expect even half of them to become stakes winners. It is what it is.
I don’t expect any of them to become stakes winners. I just expect them to break their maidens. Many of mine can’t even do that. Fit with proper equipment too. It’s actually quite sad. Hence why I am thinking of getting out of the division. I’ve been running freak chasers in claimers just to win. Pathetic.