Is it real?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Is it real?

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Are steeplechasing races actually real, or are they some device sent from heaven to torture me into learning patience? I will eventually win one with one of my stakes chasers, right? I won't just go on losing forever? UG! I love my chasers but hate them at the same time. Just venting. https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1361613
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: Is it real?

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Would you like me to lie to you or tell you the truth?
;p
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

The truth I guess. Not that it will set me free in this case. I am continuing with the insanity of breeding more of these.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

You need a chase freak
;p
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

I am only just beginning to venture into chasing, but I'm doing so with the mindset that they're like pre-adjustment harness gallops. This comment is chase freak: https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1360258

I'm still happy I claimed her but I apparently overestimated her chances in an NW4.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I have several Chase freaks and they are terrible.

When I saw He was freak I was so excited. He has been underwhelming to say the least.

These are not much better.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1267741

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1247894
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Katie Stepanian »

Yep chasers could do with another actual reset as the gallop comments are not any use whatsoever!
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

I only run my freaks and pretend they’re all allowances until they prove me otherwise. The stakes are destined for claimers almost always unfortunately. A gallop change would be nice but at the same time I have a system I’m good with right now
yeah
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I know nothing about chasers yet. But I see that I am going to need to drop them in class more quickly. I have actually done ok in chase claimers, but the allowance races are salty!
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

My question is - How hard would it be to rewrite/make chaser specific gallops since clearly there is still some severe issues with their gallops. Is it issues with the gallops, or the wide range of distances/other outliers that are impacting their performance? idk
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

None of my chase freaks have been very freaky; I don't bother to run anything below chase stakes
I'm just here for the fun of it
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

What Dylan said: quite accurate/appropriate.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.