Steeplechase Workouts

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Steeplechase Workouts

Post by The Steward »

For the first time ever, steeplechasers have been given their own brand new workouts with real distances, all over fences! The options for flat workouts have disappeared for them. Woohoo!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Re: Steeplechase Workouts

Post by Diane Townsend »

So would we have to make them a steeplechaser as a yearling or will this come up if we just have Steeplechase as a horse type?
Race With Lions (TM)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid) - leased out this year

NEW in Y66:
Nigerian Prince
(TS)
The Womble (TR)
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Diane Townsend wrote: 1 year ago So would we have to make them a steeplechaser as a yearling or will this come up if we just have Steeplechase as a horse type?
Only if they are actually a chaser already
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

Cool thanks
Race With Lions (TM)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid) - leased out this year

NEW in Y66:
Nigerian Prince
(TS)
The Womble (TR)
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Ooo fancy, this is nice. That rattlesnake gave you good ideas!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Thanks for doing right by chasers and not forgetting them. Makes me feel more and more encouraged about the game as a whole
yeah
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

I LOVE THIS!

But can we train to jump our 2 y olds next year? With the chaser-comments (Chase freak ...?) I thought only yearlings were affected by taking away galopp-comments? Chaser-yearlings comments doesn't matter anyway..

And have you thought about barrier trials for chasers? I would love to have the opportunity to boost a bit confidence...
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

But can we train to jump our 2 y olds next year? With the chaser-comments (Chase freak ...?) I thought only yearlings were affected by taking away galopp-comments? Chaser-yearlings comments doesn't matter anyway..

--Have you been able to Train to Jump 2yos already? Nothing in that regard was affected.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

We can presently train 2 year olds to jump. I’m quite proud of my 6 chaser freaks, now if they’ll run like chaser freaks, life will be good! 😂
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Currently we can train a horse in "teach to jump" as a 2yo without making it a chaser. Very useful for horses who might be dual purpose before we make them chasers which prevents them running on the flat again.

So do you mean we have to actually click "become a chaser" before we can work them as one or can we just put chaser in "horse type"
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Dave Trainer wrote: 1 year ago Currently we can train a horse in "teach to jump" as a 2yo without making it a chaser. Very useful for horses who might be dual purpose before we make them chasers which prevents them running on the flat again.

So do you mean we have to actually click "become a chaser" before we can work them as one or can we just put chaser in "horse type"
You have to make the horse a chaser to give it chaser workouts.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

The Steward wrote: 1 year ago
Dave Trainer wrote: 1 year ago Currently we can train a horse in "teach to jump" as a 2yo without making it a chaser. Very useful for horses who might be dual purpose before we make them chasers which prevents them running on the flat again.

You have to make the horse a chaser to give it chaser workouts.
Not ideal with horses that might be stakes flat and could be either chase allowance or chase freak. Until now we could tell without making them chasers.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

But my understanding is that nothing has changed, so you can still Train to Jump and find out what level they are, as well as Gallop and find out what level they are, when they are 2. Only thing that has changed is you can't find that out at age 1.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 1 year ago We can presently train 2 year olds to jump. I’m quite proud of my 6 chaser freaks, now if they’ll run like chaser freaks, life will be good! 😂
I assure you they’ll run like chaser freaks. That just may mean running in claimers
yeah
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

The Steward wrote: 1 year ago But my understanding is that nothing has changed, so you can still Train to Jump and find out what level they are, as well as Gallop and find out what level they are, when they are 2. Only thing that has changed is you can't find that out at age 1.
I'll find that out tomorrow and let you know :)