Finally a 'real' Freak :D

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Finally a 'real' Freak :D

Post by Stormy Peak »

I sometimes kept wondering why I kept dabbling in harness racing (trotters). Several times I've had freaks and a good number of stakes types that could barely win anything more than a non-winner of 3.

When this ~guy~ came up a freak in the gallop comments, I didn't get too excited, given how many previously well commented trotters I had didn't pan out. But still, hope is hope, so I gave him a name of a tough fictional character and crossed my fingers.

I got a little more excited when his works were in the top 5 of yearling male trotters...and I made a big decision to make his first race a stakes race, in spite of seeing at least 2 other horses I thought had a much better chance. The time leading up the that race, I kept thinking 'Maybe I should just put him in a maiden." I'm so glad I decided to see what my freak could do... his first race, a GIII, he won it.

He won his 2nd GIII on Wednesday and seems to be living up to his name, a tough one to beat, and I hope he's not just a precocious runner, who ends up fizzling out as a 3 year old :P

I'm now glad I kept on trying with the trotters, it might have finally panned out into something great.

Stormy : )
Last edited by Stormy Peak 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Re: Finally a 'real' Freak :D

Post by Dan Kauffman »

The best part of Dirty Harry is that his companion cat is named Magnum. Fantastic.
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Congrats, Stormy, he looks to be a really nice one!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

Congrats Stormy. I can't feel too bad finishing behind one of my all time favorite characters.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I hope he continues doing well for you Stormy! Congrats on a live one!!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

And then, he finishes 4th :P
I just hope it was a bad bounce. His race comment said he was off stride.

He's listed as being 'very sound' - but maybe I did just push him too hard with 3 tough races every other week???
His vet check the day before the race said he was at his peak. But I know there is the accumulative tiredness that can come into play...so I'm not sure if I should let him sit it out for a long time before the wk 16 SC race, or go ahead and run him on wk 14, then wk 16. Decisions, decisions. :P

Congrats to the winner of that last GIII race, Trot Kenneth, owned by Marc Plouffe.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1029479

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

It was also his first race on a fast track... what is his weather preference?
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Nena Olson wrote: 6 years ago It was also his first race on a fast track... what is his weather preference?
Good point. He 'likes mud' But usually my 'likes mud' horses don't do too bad on dry tracks. I was only slightly concerned about it, but maybe it was a combo of things that caused this, running up against some quality horses, on a fast track, maybe slightly tired, and it all added up to a bounce. I hope so... it would make me pretty sad if those first 2 races are as good has it gets for him. I don't expect him to win every time, but was hoping for it. :lol:

Stormy :P

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000