Setting Up Shop

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Brad Searcy
Miler

Setting Up Shop

Post by Brad Searcy »

So my commitment to harness racing the past couple of sim years has really been working out for me, I've been enjoying the game more than I ever have. I like how some of the other harness trainers have a brand so to speak, and have decided to get on board with that idea. Starting with my year 51 foals, all my harness horses will have the prefix (or whatever you want to call the horse naming conventions) of "Rpm" before the rest of their name.

I have some new silks on the way, and I've also opened a farm in Tennessee called Racing Paradise Meadows. It's located right next to Middleground Park. Actually the way map tells it, its in Middleground Park's basement. Anyway it could serve as a good go-between for Maroon Mile and Clay Mile.

One of my future plans (hopes) in the SIM is open a track nearby, "Racing Paradise Mile." At the moment I'm guessing opening day would be year 53 or maybe 54. For the idea I'm cooking I'd have to get approval from the steward for but I think it'd be fun to open a harness track that is for 2 year olds only. So according to my half-cooked idea, it could be something like week 8 - 15, pacers on Wednesday, trotters on Saturday. Or something. Maybe throw in an allowance series for new players only as well, like a harness Trial Park vibe. I don't know if all of that would be possible, but I suppose I'll bark up that tree when its closer to time.

Anyway, I guess the point of all of this is that I'm really excited about the SIM right now.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Setting Up Shop

Post by Rochelle Bos »

That’s super awesome! I love all of this :D glad you’ve found your niche!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt