Sweden and France

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Sweden and France

Post by T.D. Palm »

How about some stakes races with a 6 figure purse. It's sorely needed in the standardbred division.
It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

there need to be competitive stakes in the new track if I'm going to base horses, there, so yes please.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

T.D. Palm wrote: 5 years ago How about some stakes races with a 6 figure purse. It's sorely needed in the standardbred division.
There are 6 graded stakes included with the purchase of a track. All would have 6 figure purses.
Joe Bengston
Turf Router

Post by Joe Bengston »

did anybody read I wrote? that the schedule I made wasn't the final one or actual schedule and I didn't write the stakes/graded races? lol like yeah I left those open to be discussed which weeks to put them. I think were allowed one grade 1 and that should be a prep for the stewards cup in my opinion. a prep before the emo mile possibly. then the other graded race could be whenever and stakes races whenever. of course there will be stakes races!
I'm Joe bengston in the Sim, so just call me Joe.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

This sure got unfun fast.
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Joe Bengston
Turf Router

Post by Joe Bengston »

I'm not sure why it got unfun. apologies if I came off rude but I did write originally I didn't write stakes races not that I didn't want them. I just didn't know what weeks to put them and what age etc. I think this still could be fun and no one has suggested what weeks or ages to put the stakes race.
Joe Bengston
Turf Router

Post by Joe Bengston »

my of course there will be stakes races! was meant as an excited ! not as a yelling at someone or angry. I hope you still manage to find this fun GiGi and I think it's exciting to have a new harness track in Europe hopefully Sweden. but wherever it is it's exciting. whoever does make the track will make stakes races don't worry.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

It’s fine; it’s just getting fraught and while I’m happy to put some GPS in and send some horses I’ll stay out of the planning
Joe Bengston
Turf Router

Post by Joe Bengston »

I'd still be curious as to what weeks you think would be good for the stakes races, and I'm sure others are curious as well. also what ages/gender.

like does anyone like my idea of having a prep before the stewards cup or emo mile?
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

Once we get the Stakes races firmed up I will sponsor some $100k races and try and fill in the gaps. I will offer my opinion on claiming races in that you need to run the same levels regularly. Like Clm 10k wk 2-4-6-8. Reason being is if you only offer that race one time there is no incentive to ship across the ocean for a Clm race that is only offered once. And Waffle Park doesn't run claimers...just thinking out loud......
Te Akau Downs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Te Akau Downs »

multi distance would be good as in nz they race over diff distance, most of the cups are 3200 metres, derby's are around 2600-2700 metres and mile races are usually always run from behind the mobile start
PATIENCE is the cheapest thing in racing and least used.. J.B Cummings..
Joe Bengston
Turf Router

Post by Joe Bengston »

thank you for those taking this idea and running with it. sorry for my negative replies about my poor race scheduling. maybe we shouldn't run claimers? save that for Aus and the states? watching Swedish racing there didn't seem to be many claimers anyhow. in the end this is all up to whoever spends the gp's and actually is going to operate the track but I'm glad most of you liked my idea.