Freak?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Freak?

Post by Garret Folsom »

With all of the Allowance level horses that I have consistently running in the 86 to 87 range, how is it that this "Freak" that can't break it's Maiden is running from 83 to 87?
J.r. Lewis
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Freak?

Post by J.r. Lewis »

Are the allowances running in non claiming races? I'm assuming their SFs are higher cuz they're running against inferior competition. Still a lot of freaks out there in STB world.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

two things I would say...

maybe he's a two week horse, and the frequency of 3 week gaps - especially over the break where his next out was his worst SF - doesn't suit him

he started in a stakes as his first race and that's very tough. If he took a knock to his confidence there, and then with meeting a very good horse next time out, he may be struggling to get his confidence back.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I glanced through the horse, hoping to find a magic bullet for you (wrong equipment? Low fitness?)

No, he's just annoying. Probably time for the cure-all.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

If it makes you feel any better my “freak” pacer is only just coming into his own late in his 3yo year and now as a 4yo!

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=951580
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

Maybe he is one of those frustratingly inconsistent types. His workout times with his found equipment are all over the place with a range of .38 second. His slowest work out time puts him in line with fast allowance types and his fastest puts him in line with the fastest stakes and slower freaks.
He reminds me of this horse except he may be a step slower: https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=900523
Hopefully with some confidence and a routine that works for him he'll come around for you.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Thanks for the suggestions. It was a frustrating day all around that day, in game and out, so just had to complain. I'll keep working with him, hopefully figure something out with him!
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Just a quick update. After being gelded, he's 3: 2-0-1 and put up a 93SF in his start today. He seems to have responded well to a 2 week break instead of 3. Seems like some solid advice. Hopefully he keeps improving.