Hopeless Stakes is back!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Hopeless Stakes is back!

Post by Tom Lin »

I know I am older than most but my understanding has always been that ... means "and so on" whatever that is meant to mean in context. :?
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

.. and I read it as a "thinking pause" of such. A "softer" way of expressing oneself, than ending with a full stop.
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Gigi Gofaster wrote: 4 years ago I did contact Em and I think she added two spots so at least people didn’t get bumped by the two non maidens. I would love to keep Nite Fishing in just because she’s sentimental to me but I scratched Trot Jakeline to get Flizan’s horse in.
Thanks Gigi! :) And if (well, I don't think it's possible, my horse is a louse) I win, you get some breeding-money! ;)
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

There is a broadcast for todays races but I cant find the "Hopeless stakes" among them!
Isn´t this of more interest and importance than those steward cups?
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Polk Buffalo wrote: 4 years ago There is a broadcast for todays races but I cant find the "Hopeless stakes" among them!
Isn´t this of more interest and importance than those steward cups?
Next year, when we can protect the conditions, I’m sure it will be there!!!
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Congrats to Troy Gallant and The Gold Road, honorary winners of the Hopeless!

Top up purse money has been sent to all of those who should have made the top five - roll on next year!
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Ty Gigi! And I se that Fighting For Cache is probably still eligible to join... lol
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Troy Gallant I
Miler

Post by Troy Gallant I »

Thanks much Gigi. You adding the purse money was a very nice gesture. Far beyond what anyone would expect.

Crossing fingers, 8.0 will give us the opportunity to be able to set "odd" conditions like this just for fun. If so, count on me to sponsor The Hopeless Pacer Division next season! :)
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Gigi Gofaster wrote: 4 years ago

Now, what does three exclamations mark mean?
Will it be there with an attitude?

I guess this and your own signature is good proof that you don't have any attitude. You just like to end things with a triple crown every time...
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Polk Buffalo wrote: 4 years ago
Gigi Gofaster wrote: 4 years ago

Now, what does three exclamations mark mean?
Will it be there with an attitude?

I guess this and your own signature is good proof that you don't have any attitude. You just like to end things with a triple crown every time...
Indeed. Although, when I do have ‘attitude’, I don’t typically leave anybody in any doubt about it! Attitude with gusto, I always say...
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

So here's a funny story.

I retired two of my Hopeless-eligible mares, and feeling nostalgic I decided to breed them. In order to make sure their foals didn't get lost in the herd of trotter yearlings, I named them in honor of this years 'Hopelessgate': Unfortunate Ellipsis and Ellipsical. Now, I sent both these mares to Sam's very good stallion, Sams Ghost Dancer, partly because of the humor of this whole escapade but partly, frankly, because there's a bit of that 'attitude' coming out - neither mare BS'd well (although I hasten to point out that Devon Fancy's dam was a 'potential' and I'm in the camp that feels like trotter mare first foals have some weird boost that subsequent foals don't have, so you never know). As it happened both galloped claimer but whatever, I bred them for nostalgia.

Now, hats off to Sam. Spotting this he promptly sent some mares of interesting quality to some of my stallions. Of course, we pretty much just gave each other money, and none of the stallions used (Sam's or mine) are struggling enough that a few iffy mares are going to make a difference to their stats, but I have to say I admire his spirit. I am looking forward to watching the careers of Cannery Traveler, Jaysman (who is at Jaysman now if anyone wants to pick up this one as a VERY likely future Hopeless runner), Pity Party As, and my personal favorite - Small Minded Soul. I literally spat out my coffee when I saw that one! Small Minded Soul actually is a filly with a rocking pedigree so it might actually turn out to be something quality, and frankly, I really hope so. For as disappointed as I was about all this initially, I am truly loving where it's gone. Again, hats off to Sam. A worthy rival; and may Small Minded Soul bring us all some humor and cheer as we reflect on last year's Hopeless stakes!