Emotonian Contest

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Emotonian Contest

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Yep, I am in foreign lands to do damned if I know what... But it will be a contest, it will involve the Emotonian and it will have a high sim cash prize. This is due to messages left by Anne expressing interest in a contest and the dollars she had apparently planned for it.

Bottom line, said event is rapidly coming for this year. Original plan I had involved way to much on going work, so now I need ideas from the folks that have some idea.

I am not adverse to the idea of running the contest for the following year instead of this year if there is a great idea requiring a longer time frame to set up. Idea away people. :D
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: Emotonian Contest

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Handicapping contest? Picking the winner is 5 points. Exacta is 10. Trifecta is 20. Superfecta 50. Maybe a DD with another big race that day? You could go a lot of different ways with this.

You could also give each person say $1000. Using real life handicapping they can pick a win bet, trifecta, exacta, and anything else you might want. Each person must bet their thousand or they forfeit the remaining money. Pools would be evenly distributed to the winners. That way someone could put big bucks on one bet and hope to hit it for the win. Whoever has the most money at the end wins it all. I’m pretty sure there are excel sheets that calculate the payout for you for people doing side bets at major event parties.
yeah
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Erica Olson »

Pick winners of Emotonian and Emo Mile, to get the fillies in there. You could give people increasing numbers of points for picking 3rd, 2nd, and 1st.

It would also be cool to have a multi-week contest to pick the winners of each of the colt and filly Triple Crown races (Yankee Trot/Yankee Oaks, Emotonian/Emo Mile, Meadowfields Futurity/Meadowfields Debutante). That would probably have to wait til next year though because the Yankee Trot and Yankee Oaks are coming up this Wednesday, Week 6. And if you really wanted to get crazy, you could add in the Pacer Triple Crown races, too.
Hall of Fame Pacer!
Highland Billy

Trotter Stud:
Viceroy - 5K
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Erica Olson wrote: 4 years ago Pick winners of Emotonian and Emo Mile, to get the fillies in there. You could give people increasing numbers of points for picking 3rd, 2nd, and 1st.

It would also be cool to have a multi-week contest to pick the winners of each of the colt and filly Triple Crown races (Yankee Trot/Yankee Oaks, Emotonian/Emo Mile, Meadowfields Futurity/Meadowfields Debutante). That would probably have to wait til next year though because the Yankee Trot and Yankee Oaks are coming up this Wednesday, Week 6. And if you really wanted to get crazy, you could add in the Pacer Triple Crown races, too.
This was similar to my original idea, but a person warned me it would take a lot of work to keep it up dated for 16 weeks. After rejecting the idea of lots of work and commitment (insert slacker). I realised this week a spreadsheet built right may just negate half the work and make it easier. I will be looking into this on the weekend to see if i can create such a sheet. 8-)
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Ok, it is now official, I WILL be running a contest for the year 54 Emotonian based around the triple crown trail contest. Official rules will be posted by the end of this week.
Everything will be posted in the games and Contest forum. :D