New Harness Track for Y54

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gary Mannion
Two Year Old

New Harness Track for Y54

Post by Gary Mannion »

Hey Everyone,
I bought a new harness track for Year 54 which will be in Massachusetts. The focus will be mostly on pacers and will run on Wednesdays. I will have several stakes races run for MA state breds as well (I currently have 3 Stallions standing in MA for pretty cheap prices) I have restructured some of my stakes money so I can run a Grade 1 race with a larger purse. (Although I'm still trying to figure out if it should be for 3yo or olders and if so what makes sense timing wise) If anyone has any suggestions on what we are lacking in race options, or any suggestions on stakes placing and conditions please let me know.
It's My Show- Pacerr 25K Stud Fee
Scary Be My Name- Pacer 15K Stud Fee
Wallpaper Guy- Pacer 10k Stud Fee
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Re: New Harness Track for Y54

Post by Michael Looker »

3yos have a pretty clear path through the triple crown (Weeks 9 - 11 - 13, then the SC Week 16). All of the Grade 1s for older horses - besides the SC - are in Australia. They are Weeks 1, 3, 5, 14, & 16.

This year one was sponsored in the US for Week 8, which seems like the perfect spot for a 4yo+ Grade 1. You would send a horse to Australia and run in the three there and then, when you went back stateside to aim for the SC, you'd want a three-week break into your next start.

Week 8 also has the advantage of being before the halfway mark of the year, when horses can see a change in their ability/gallop comment.

Another option would be Week 13, as a final prep for the SC for trainers who want a three week break into the big one. But you mind find some trainers are scared of giving their horses too tough a run before the SC, so they might skip it in favour of a softer race.