Purse cuts

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Purse cuts

Post by Carole Hanson »

I thought the $350k thing recently became a requirement, as in you can’t stand a horse who has earned below that now, where you could before. But I could well be wrong about that.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago I thought the $350k thing recently became a requirement, as in you can’t stand a horse who has earned below that now, where you could before. But I could well be wrong about that.
Not a requirement, studs just takes a very small negative hit to their behind the scenes stud numbers if retired less than 350k earnings.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Though I would note that when you have stallions hitting the mark with nice pedigrees still winding up unsuccessful at stud not sure how much hope there is for those taking a hit however small it may be
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

I don't think since those 350k guideline was placed on mixers there's ever been a decent stud that earned below 350k. In divisions this competitive when your trying to compete with the holiday studs any hit is deadly to a stallion's stud career
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Agreed, I have more than 2 handfuls of those which is why I have been selling so many off after retired including millionaires.

But that’s a different problem. Game created studs were created way too powerful and most player bred studs will never compete.

I can’t wait until all the holiday studs have pensioned.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 4 years ago There has been angst can mixers make $350,000 with these cuts and will this make our already tight stallion situation worse.
I have a Paint Router with a super nice pedigree but as of right now he’s 5 with 2 stakes win, a 5th in the Steward’s Cup, and $150,000 in earnings. I feel like I could get him to $200,000 and he could have a shot to stand at stud, I want that so bad for him because with his pedigree he definitely has some potential but, with his inconsistency on the track that $350,000 mark will never happen and I’m sure it’s a similar story for many mixers.
yeah
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 4 years ago
Tammy Stawicki wrote: 4 years ago There has been angst can mixers make $350,000 with these cuts and will this make our already tight stallion situation worse.
I have a Paint Router with a super nice pedigree but as of right now he’s 5 with 2 stakes win, a 5th in the Steward’s Cup, and $150,000 in earnings. I feel like I could get him to $200,000 and he could have a shot to stand at stud, I want that so bad for him because with his pedigree he definitely has some potential but, with his inconsistency on the track that $350,000 mark will never happen and I’m sure it’s a similar story for many mixers.
Baeda was my $350k sob story. 19th fastest 300 yard paint worker of all time. Dam was a stakes winner that produced 3 stakes winners the best of whom won over $400k but those were not her real claim to fame that was Dashuri who produced a millionaire and 2 other stakes winner and initial results are suggesting her daughters are going to be quite the producers as well. He was also out of a quarter horse so would bring in a unique bloodline. But he didn't age well and I gave up at $327,900 at the end of his 4 year old year. Maybe I should have kept him going to see if he could get luck with a few wins and eek it out but by this point I had realized Acarus who had sailed past the $350k mark had had about as blue blooded a dam as you could get was no holiday sire and my optimism over standing a paint sprinter with any hope of success was pretty low.

Flip side of that is Egret who has more than enough earnings but took forever to break his maiden so is missing some pretty key equipment to become a successful stallion.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 4 years ago
Baeda was my $350k sob story.
Some people hate when I do this (Rochelle) but why didn't he get a chance at stud? Even without hitting the $350k the knock on him still gave him great stallion numbers. Did you even hypo him before gelding him? Agree that that was a painful loss for the breed!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago
Tammy Stawicki wrote: 4 years ago

Baeda was my $350k sob story.
Some people hate when I do this (Rochelle) but why didn't he get a chance at stud? Even without hitting the $350k the knock on him still gave him great stallion numbers. Did you even hypo him before gelding him? Agree that that was a painful loss for the breed!
I am pretty sure my original plan in gelding him was to see if the performance boost would allow him to continue to be a useful racehorse but then I decided he had done enough and retired him so the gelding happened before the retirement. I hadn't thought to retire him and do some hypomating. Given that Acarus seemed to check all the boxes and wasn't hypomating great I didn't think to even try with a horse struggling to hit the earnings level, whose sire had not been much of a sire of sires and whose dam was not as strong as Acarus's. So I don't hate it as much as Rochelle. I am a scientist like with Egret I made the decision that made sense with the data I had at the time.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Honestly sometimes us Simsters get too caught up in numbers and words. If you have a feeling that a horse deserves a chance, give them a shot. For the most part, you have nothing to lose (you as in everyone including myself, not specifically targeting you Tammy ;) ).