Who are the top pacer stallies

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Who are the top pacer stallies

Post by The Harlequins »

I have a star pacer mare that hypos A to Catalyst.

No nothing about division so wondered who are the horses to visit?
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Re: Who are the top pacer stallies

Post by Michael Looker »

Catalyst and Scary Edgar are numbers 1 & 1a.

Demons and Highland Billy are next best, but both are booked out for this season because they're underpriced (though I probably shouldn't have said that; I've asked Erica if she can open up some more spots to Billy because I have a big pile of mares I'd like to send to him, and ideally she wouldn't double or triple his stud fee until AFTER I do so).

Then there's a 10- or 15-way deadheat for the next level down. Always B Lucky, Joke Face, and With Heart are my faves but everyone will have their own opinions.

Pacers are a very competitive division; in some divisions a stakes galloper should win stakes races, in Pacers a stakes galloper may not do much beyond winning a maiden. Stud fees are pretty high too. Your mare is by an obscure stallion whose progeny had most of their success in races restricted to Canadian-breds. There's also not a lot of quality down the female line. I've bred worse in my time, but I'm in a better positions than you to throw money at mares with obscure stallions in their pedigree.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Thank you for that Michael very helpful.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Erica Olson »

I added more spots for Billy - 9 left. And thanks, Michael, for your assessment of him!

I know I underpriced him, but for a lot of the year he wasn’t getting much interest and it looked like I’d have to price him low to get him to reach his full quota. Then lots of people were interested, so who knows what price he’ll be next year.
Hall of Fame Pacer!
Highland Billy

Trotter Stud:
Viceroy - 5K
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Clearly Cthulhu is your best option :P
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse