Excited!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Christine Knight
Two Year Old

Excited!

Post by Christine Knight »

Just a silly story to share...

I've been casually playing for maybe 4 years now? I manage a Thoroughbred breeding farm in real life with around 145 horses, so I usually get pretty active on here during foaling season when I'm watching the mares under cameras and then when I go back on day shift in the summer I can't get online as much so usually lose all my virtual horses and have to start all over.

Anyway, last foaling season I invested in a STBT broodmare. She hadn't done much herself but her dam was a stakes winner and fairly decent producer with one big horse to her name. That mare produced an allowance horse for me, and I noticed one of her other foals hadn't raced so I set up my alerts to get her if she ever came up for sale. I hate having broodmares with foals that haven't done anything!

Imagine my surprise when I log on for the first time in months and see that horse is for sale! She's been retired without ever racing, so I take a pretty big chance overpaying to Alexandra Jaysman because I don't usually buy a broodmare whose dam hasn't done anything especially when she herself hasn't done squat.

Well, my gamble was rewarded! Turns out she is a Blue Hen! Pretty stoked to breed her.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Re: Excited!

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Congrats!
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

Best of luck!
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

I manage a Thoroughbred breeding farm in real life with around 145 horses
I'm impressed that with overseeing that many real life horses, you still want to play with fake ones!
Jurgen Ver
Classic Contender

Post by Jurgen Ver »

Congrats!
Christine Knight
Two Year Old

Post by Christine Knight »

Regina Moore wrote: 3 years ago
I manage a Thoroughbred breeding farm in real life with around 145 horses
I'm impressed that with overseeing that many real life horses, you still want to play with fake ones!
Real horses break your heart :lol: