Michael Corleone Vs Devon's Double

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jurgen Ver
Classic Contender

Re: Michael Corleone Vs Devon's Double

Post by Jurgen Ver »

Bhs Jeeminee is also mentioned? I entered her for a grade 2 in WK12, but i can reshedule her.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Jurgen Ver wrote: 3 years ago Bhs Jeeminee is also mentioned? I entered her for a grade 2 in WK12, but i can reshedule her.
She is more than welcome!!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Alright, it's on. I'm putting it on the schedule. It's called the The Great Meadowfields Match Race.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

A 4 horse match race?
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Kent Saunders wrote: 3 years ago A 4 horse match race?
5 it looks like
yeah
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

I'm out. I signed up for a match race between MC and DD. Former and reigning triple Crown winners. I did not sign up for a race of all the better horses in training of which I have several more of those myself. I'll gladly race Anybody week 2 of next season if they so desire. My goal for the year is the Stewards cup and I was willing to jeopardize that for a unique match race not for a Generic good horse race.

Kent
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Since this fell through let’s see a match race between el dorado and jeaux
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

This is too bad though I do understand how Kent feels about this
I was a bit unsure myself with ny horse being a 3 year old fillly and Kents a 4 year old colt
But I was still going too enter for fun Even though it could have ruined mye sc chances cos this is just a game and games should not be taken too seriously but that is just my feelings and not a rule

But what happens with the race now As one of
Ems reasons to make the race was that at least DD and MC was going to be running
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

Sten, I would still be good for a REAL match race. I have no idea how we went from a Match race (The name of the thread!) to Em recruiting other horses Particularly since she was the one going "MATCH RACE MATCH RACE!!!!!!!"? One other person said something about other horses and that was it. I don't want to be a spoiler and could care less if I don't win, but genuinely thought is was purely a Match race which I thought would be fun
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

To be fair I'm actually NOT the person who recruited others. It seemed like that was the way it was heading with people mentioning Tls Belle Isle and Bhs Jimenee... specifically Sten started that train of topic, so please don't throw it on me. I was just trying to appease the masses. I will delete my race.
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

Maybe I was sorry bout that tjen but I Also Said emo maturity Never Said anything about week 13 AS i did not think of that possibilty at the time and I ONLY mentioned that cause someone else Said a match race would be boring cause the front Runner almost always wins som was just trying to hjelp out
Last edited by Sten Rino Haakonsen 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Sten Rino Haakonsen wrote: 3 years ago Maybe I was sorry bout that tjen but I Also Said emo maturity Never Said anything about week 13 AS i did not think of that possibilty at the time
No, the W13 was Kent, saying "I am good with MC either week 13 or next season week 2"

So I thought W13 would be best since you seemed more flexible about entering. Sounds like the meeting will be next year instead! All good.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

oh gawd, since there is an empty match race stakes for week 13, I say we make a match race between Spatula and Rathalos. Derby rematch from Y55.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

Shame the race has fallen through.
The Steward wrote: 3 years ago Sounds like the meeting will be next year instead! All good.
But this is fine. I was worried Michael Corleone would retire, but since he's not going to we're all good.

As an aside, I think MC beats DD this year but DD beats MC next year. We'll have to wait and see.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Michael Looker wrote: 3 years ago Shame the race has fallen through.
The Steward wrote: 3 years ago Sounds like the meeting will be next year instead! All good.
As an aside, I think MC beats DD this year but DD beats MC next year. We'll have to wait and see.
That's my gut reaction to this year as well... it would be a HUGE ask for a 3yo filly. Next year will be more evenly matched which is awesome!!