Michael Corleone Vs Devon's Double

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nathan Klein
Derby Contender

Michael Corleone Vs Devon's Double

Post by Nathan Klein »

This is only an idea but with yesterdays thrilling race we're in a unique situation where we have 2 active Triple Crown winners who are both dominating there classes. Devon's Double the first filly ever to win the Trotting Triple Crown and the previous years winner Michael Corleone. This has happened before but to my knowledge i've never seen 2 Triple Crown winners in any division ever compete in the same race (Maybe that could also happen if Jeaux and El Dorado if Jeaux wins the Triple Crown but I digress). Now obviously both horses have there own plans but I feel like i'm not the only one who wants to see the 2 clash in a race. Maybe in some big sponsored race or the Steward's Cup.Either way who wants to see Devon's Double face Michael Corleone The Battle Of The Triple Crown winners.
"Nathan you tweaking"
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Michael Corleone Vs Devon's Double

Post by The Steward »

MATCH RACE MATCH RACE!!!!!!!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

That is an amazing concept.
;p
Nathan Klein
Derby Contender

Post by Nathan Klein »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago MATCH RACE MATCH RACE!!!!!!!
Oh trust me i'm fully onboard for that.A Match Race between triple crown winners. Its been forever since SIM did big sponsored match races so this would be a great chance to do that if Sten and Kent agree to it.
"Nathan you tweaking"
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

I would love this in some way
I think this could havehappened in some way depending on how long Micchael Corleone would keep on running and I dont know Kents plans for Micchael Corleone ofcourse
but that would anyways not be a match race between ust the two of them and not until net year as this year DD is restricted to run in the 3 yo filly race in the sc I belieevve
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

I would be on for a match race or sure
but if we wre to look at something else
what of the emo maturity next year ?
yes I am awware that would require that Michael Corleone runs or another year

and just imagine this scenario as we now have 4 quite dominant trotters still running
what if they all decided to keep running for one more season and all met in the emo maturity

Michael Corleone
Devon's Double
Blitzkrieg
Tls Belle Isle

just rrealised though that Blitzkrieg might not be the horse he once was
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

Match races are lame because the leader wins most of the time. Though neither Michael Corleone nor Devon's Double are natural leaders.

Why not W13D3, an eight-horse race for a million dollars? (Or two.)

3yos: Devon's Double (TC winner), Bhs Jeeminee (TC leg runner-up), High Strike Zone (2x TC leg runner-up), (INSERT 3YO HERE).
Older: Michael Corleone (TC winner), Tls Belle Isle (highest earning active trotter, went within a head of winning the TC two years ago), Royalty Trick (won the fillies' versions of each of the TC races last year, so an unofficial Trotting Fillies TC winner), (INSERT OLDER HORSE HERE).

For the last 3yo spot I'd look at Praying Prey and Devon Captain from among the colts, or Little Devon/Tls Apparition/Palace Flower from the fillies. Little Devon got within a nose of Bhs Jeeminee earlier in the season, Tls Apparition beat Little Devon 1/2L in the Gr. 1 Emo Mile two starts back, Palace Flower be Tls Apparition by a nose last start, but they finished 1L behind Bhs Jeeminee. There's nothing much over the three of them.

For the older horses spot I'd go with Raider, though Tls Calling makes sense too.

All the horses I named could make it to W13D3 with no problems, and 20days to W16D2 for the SC is a fine setup for that off what will be a very tough race.

I'd be happy to chuck in 600k - 100k each for the last six horses home - so the worst case scenario is you run last and get paid like you won a Gr. 2.

We can call it the Montecchi Stakes, after that stallion you guys should be using more.
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

Michael Corleone will race again next season. Not sure if we could fit it in this late in the season but I'm game. Maybe week 2 next season? OR

I took another look and week 13 this season would work as well
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

the week 13 race sounds awesome and although
I have Devon's Double entered for the last of the big 3 year old only races which is week 12 if there is a lot off interest for this I could always reschedule
Nathan Klein
Derby Contender

Post by Nathan Klein »

Sten Rino Haakonsen wrote: 3 years ago the week 13 race sounds awesome and although
I have Devon's Double entered for the last of the big 3 year old only races which is week 12 if there is a lot off interest for this I could always reschedule
If we can get The Steward to do it she could sponsor the race for $500,000 so it would be loftier then the Most American Trotting Derby.
"Nathan you tweaking"
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I would totally put up the $$$, but I need confirmation from the owners that they would want to play. I would want at least the top two, and if we could get Tls Belle Isle that would be sweeeeeeeeet.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

I am good with MC either week 13 or next season week 2

Kent
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

I am In As well
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Alright, so far I've got Week 13.... $750k, 1 mile..... someone poke Tom
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

I really want to win the SC for the fourth time with her so might be against my better judgement but I guess I could accept the challenge.