BSA/Hypos almost worthless?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

BSA/Hypos almost worthless?

Post by Lisa Bennert »

I don't know if this has been posted before or anything, but does anyone else feel like nowadays the BSA mare ratings/ hypos are almost worthless with standardbreds? It seems like 90% of the mares I retire are either stars or blue hens, and half the hypos I do are A+. And my standardbred breeding operation is far from good right now. I know these tools aren't meant to be the be all end all etc, but I do usually find them very useful when assessing new studs or mares. Any thoughts on this?
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: BSA/Hypos almost worthless?

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Most likely they need an adjustment, once 75% of the hens hypo A+, the hypos become useless.
similar to how there are o many freaks in Pacers/trotters , while many of them are lucky if they break 75K in a career
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Hey, they make my mares feel good about themselves :P
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago Most likely they need an adjustment, once 75% of the hens hypo A+, the hypos become useless.
similar to how there are o many freaks in Pacers/trotters , while many of them are lucky if they break 75K in a career
Has there ever been an adjustment like this with mare ratings/hypos, similar to gallops? Because I can't remember any instance, but I think it might be necessary here.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Lisa Bennert wrote: 3 years ago
Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago Most likely they need an adjustment, once 75% of the hens hypo A+, the hypos become useless.
Has there ever been an adjustment like this with mare ratings/hypos, similar to gallops? Because I can't remember any instance, but I think it might be necessary here.
Chasers have had adjustments to mare ratings at least twice. There was an adjustment to mares a long time ago - there was a period after the change where you could bloodstock for free, and it was nice because I did all of my mares, and the ones I'd bought without a bloodstock rating now had a rating in the column, so there weren't any gaps. I think there was a tweak to hypomates a while back as well - I think it was around the time that Reach for the Moon was standing.
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 3 years ago Chasers have had adjustments to mare ratings at least twice. There was an adjustment to mares a long time ago - there was a period after the change where you could bloodstock for free, and it was nice because I did all of my mares, and the ones I'd bought without a bloodstock rating now had a rating in the column, so there weren't any gaps. I think there was a tweak to hypomates a while back as well - I think it was around the time that Reach for the Moon was standing.
Ah, now that you mention it, I vaguely remember the "free bloodstock" thing (and that I also really enjoyed it, lol), though not the exact circumstances, because my memory in general is kind of bad. I personally think it would be nice if something similar was done to standardbreds sometime in the future, but just wanted to hear others opinions on it :)
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

The free bloodstock comments day was the greatest day of my SIM experience (it was a Thanksgiving special, I think). I would LOVE another one of those.
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Jon Snyder
Classic Contender

Post by Jon Snyder »

Or perhaps just a vastly reduced priced BS Comment Day, maybe $1,000?
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

i think we are talking about hypos..but confused it with BS
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago i think we are talking about hypos..but confused it with BS
She was talking about both.
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

Dan Kauffman wrote: 3 years ago The free bloodstock comments day was the greatest day of my SIM experience (it was a Thanksgiving special, I think). I would LOVE another one of those.
+1
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

Lisa Bennert wrote: 3 years ago
I do remember a previous adjustment made to hypos with the trotters.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Yes, yes they are.

It might just be my barn, but has anyone ever had star mares produce well? The only ones that produce well in my barn are Formidables and Blue Hens.

As for hypos, I'd rather not pay attention when majority are B+ and they don't account for the slide.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago Yes, yes they are.

It might just be my barn, but has anyone ever had star mares produce well? The only ones that produce well in my barn are Formidables and Blue Hens.
Some of my stars produce better than my hens :lol:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=963982 Star with two stakes and allowance, which I'm happy with

Then again, this "star" coughed up a DC from an A+ with Devon Castle, so... you might be on to something https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=759242
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE