Pacer Gallop Discussion

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jack Christensen
Derby Contender

Pacer Gallop Discussion

Post by Jack Christensen »

I personally dislike the gallops on pacers. We had the gallop comment change at the start of this year for everything except Standardbreds and chasers in order to make gallop comments more indicative of the horses abilities. Can we and should we do this kind of adjustment for pacers? Regardless of my opinion, I wanted to open this up for discussion because I want to see what others in the SIM community think about the gallops on pacers. Reply what you think.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: Pacer Gallop Discussion

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Both pacers and trotters need an adjustment at the end of this season.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Jack Christensen
Derby Contender

Post by Jack Christensen »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago Both pacers and trotters need an adjustment at the end of this season.
I agree
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Call the gallops what you like, i will take a top ten workout time from a late bloomer all day long :lol:
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I don't understand why they weren't done in the first place.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Em said one night in chat the reason they had not been adjusted was because they had just been adjusted 2 years ago, and it was too soon to adjust them again. Did not mention when they might be up for adjustment again.
(Pacers and Trotters).
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

Darcy McBride wrote: 3 years ago Em said one night in chat the reason they had not been adjusted was because they had just been adjusted 2 years ago, and it was too soon to adjust them again. Did not mention when they might be up for adjustment again.
(Pacers and Trotters).
There was an adjustment not that long ago, if it was two years ago, remember that the adjustment was two SIM YEARS ago, so it really hasn't been that long. I do think they're in need of another tweak, though, so maybe at the end of this SIM year or next.