Harness Stakes - Trotter Proposal

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Harness Stakes - Trotter Proposal

Post by Laura Ferguson »

If you haven't been following the mixer stakes post in the mixed breed racing forum, start there first.

This breed is in decent shape. The main "holes" in the schedule really come from the fact that graded stakes are in both Europe and the US, so sometimes there's a strong schedule on one continent, and a gap on the other. Again, this is subject to Steward approval, but here is what I'm proposing to send her.

Currently there are 18 G1s, 8 G2s and 14 G3s, for 15% graded stakes (so right now, this division is where I'm trying to get Paints and Appys to). If all of my proposed changes are accepted, this would increase to 18.6%. This does not include graded stakes at player-owned tracks, and as much as possible, my proposed changes would try to complement, rather than compete with, those races.

2yos - currently two G1s (W16TU), four G3s (two W12W, two W14W). There are four G1s, two G2s and two G3s at player owned tracks.

ADD
W10W G2 2yo C&G Lifeaholic Stakes
W10W G2 2yo F Tls Belle Isle Stakes

3yos - currently nine G1s (two W6W, two W8W, W10W, W12W, two W16TU, W16W), two G2s (W10W and W12W) and two G3s (W3S). There are also two G3s at player owned tracks. This one doesn't need much tweaking, but could probably use another pair of G3s.

ADD
W14W G3 3yo C&G Montecchi Stakes
W14W G3 3yo F Luck of the Irish Stakes

3yos & up - currently two G1s (W7W and W15W, both in Europe), two G2s (W12W), four G3s (W9W and W14W). This does not include a G1 at a player owned track, also Europe. Suggesting a pair of graded stakes to balance out the gap in the European schedule:

ADD
W11W G3 3yo & up C&G Michael Corleone Stakes
W11W G3 3yo & up F&M Andover the Moni Stakes

4yos & up - currently four G1s (W1W. W3W and two W16TU), two G2s (W3S), four G3s (two W10W and two W12W). There are two G2s restricted to 4yos W13W. Finally, there is also a G1, a G2 and a G3 at player-owned tracks. The bulk of the graded stakes are in Europe, leaving some gaps in the US schedule.

ADD
W5S G3 4yo & up C&G Trot Christopher Stakes
W5S G3 4yo & up F&M Kissandkeepsecrets Stakes
W14W G2 4yo & up C&G High Strike Zone Stakes
W14W G2 4yo & up F&M Devon's Double Stakes

[edited to fix two typos]
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Harness Stakes - Trotter Proposal

Post by Kent Saunders »

Looks good to me. Thanks for all the work you have did with this!
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

Thanks Laura for all your efforts. I especially like the idea of the Tls Belle Isle stakes. lol.
Masaya Stable
Miler

Post by Masaya Stable »

it's interesting that there are a lot of people out there who want to make the game better.

Thanks Laura for all your efforts.
I like the name of steak, it will remind the great horses of the game
Jurgen Ver
Classic Contender

Post by Jurgen Ver »

Thanks Laura, great work!
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

These are up
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

Thank you !