Harness Stakes - Pacer Proposal

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Harness Stakes - Pacer Proposal

Post by Laura Ferguson »

This breed is in decent shape, graded stakes-wise. The main "holes" in the schedule really come from the fact that graded stakes are in both Australia and the US, so sometimes there's a strong schedule on one continent, and a gap on the other. Again, this is subject to Steward approval, but here is what I'm proposing to send her.

Currently there are 18 G1s, 9 G2s and 12 G3s, for 14.5% graded stakes (so right now, this division is just shy of where I'm trying to get Paints and Appys to). If all of my proposed changes are accepted, this would increase to 18.2%. This does not include graded stakes at player-owned tracks, and as much as possible, my proposed changes would try to complement, rather than compete with, those races.

2yos - currently four G1s (two W16TU, two W16W), two G2s (W12W) and four G3s (two W10W, two W14W). There is one G1 at a player owned track. The bulk of the graded stakes are in Australia, so I'm suggesting adding some graded stakes in the US.

ADD
W11S G2 2yo C&G Ancient Truth Stakes
W11S G2 2yo F Alarm Stakes

3yos - currently seven G1s (two W7W, W9W, W11W, W13W, two W16TU), two G2s (W7W and W13W) and two G3s (W3S). This one has the opposite problem of the 2yos - there probably needs to be some more graded stakes in Australia.

ADD
W4W G3 3yo C&G Collusion Delusion Stakes
W4W G3 3yo F Suitorous Stakes
W10W G2 3yo C Highland Billy Stakes
W10W G2 3yo F Always B Winning Stakes

3yos & up - currently two G1s (W14W and W16W, both in Australia), two G2s (W13W) and two G3s (W14W). While this schedule is a little Australian heavy, I'm not suggesting any changes to this age group at this time, because there are plenty of 3yo only stakes, and I can address the rest of the changes by tweaking the 4yo+ division instead.

4yos & up - currently five G1s (W1W, W3W and W5, all Australia and two W16TU), two G2s (W3S), four G3s (two W12W and two W14W). Finally, there is also a G1, a G2 and a G3 at player-owned tracks. The bulk of the graded stakes are in Australia, leaving some gaps in the US schedule.

ADD
W2W G3 4yo & up C&G Rock Bottom Stakes
W2W G3 4yo & up F&M Bye Girl Bye Stakes
W5S G3 4yo & up C&G Red Hot Pace Stakes
W5S G3 4yo & up F&M Holy Batchit Stakes
W11W G2 4yo & up C&G Catalyst Stakes
W11W G2 4yo & up F&M Nobodybeatsthebeat Stakes
Masaya Stable
Miler

Re: Harness Stakes - Pacer Proposal

Post by Masaya Stable »

it's interesting that there are a lot of people out there who want to make the game better.

Thanks Laura for all your efforts.
I like the name of steak, it will remind the great horses of the game
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Post by T.D. Palm »

Thanks for getting involved, Laura. My barn is almost strictly harness now & anything that gets us harness people to make a few more bucks is appreciated,
Coming from someone with your creds, maybe something will get done.
It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

These are up.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Post by T.D. Palm »

Thanks !!!!
It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it.