This is a petition to adjust gallops.

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

This is a petition to adjust gallops.

Post by Andrew Chillin »

This is a petition to adjust gallops of harness racer horses. To include, trotters and pacers. We must band together to fix a broken part of our sim. Please sign below:
Andrew Davidson
;p
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Re: This is a petition to adjust gallops.

Post by Brad Fabman »

Care to elaborate. That's pretty vague. Adjust gallops how?
Fabman Farms - Simmy Awards Won: Y54-Quarter Horse Champion Three Year Old Female - Beena's Gold
Maria Schreuder
Derby Contender

Post by Maria Schreuder »

99% of my claiming horses being stakes and freaks and so many 'stakes+' foals amounting to nothing led to me almost eliminating my involvement in these divisions when I had to choose something to part with. I always knew I had to make the adjustment in my head when looking at them, but it would be nice to know when you get a 'freak', that it's the real deal - much preferred to five fake freaks.
Jack Ryder
Turf Router

Post by Jack Ryder »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 2 years ago This is a petition to adjust gallops of harness racer horses. To include, trotters and pacers. We must band together to fix a broken part of our sim. Please sign below:
Andrew Davidson
Jack Ryder
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Brad Fabman wrote: 2 years ago Care to elaborate. That's pretty vague. Adjust gallops how?
Similar to the recent adjustment to thoroughbreds. Slide the scale, to see the comment more accurately reflect the horses ability. It’s a simple concept on our side of the curtain that doesn’t effect the horses performance at all but would greatly effect all of the trainers attitude towards their horses and the game.
;p
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

Badly needed.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I don’t run mixers but the harness comment problem is well known and documented, I can’t imagine how frustrating that has to be. So I’m with you guys on this, time to adjust the comments.
Aaron Tonning
Miler

Post by Aaron Tonning »

Yes these need to change
Greg Czechowicz
Miler

Post by Greg Czechowicz »

badly needed I agree and sign
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

There will never be any satisfaction when comes to this matter. There have been previous adjustments and then 2-3 seasons later the complaints reoccur. When you breed better mares to better stallions as the game evolves the results "ratings" tend to improve or rate higher.
The gallop comments are just that. They are comments. They don't guarantee anything. Racing your horses is the true indicator of ability.
Will players actually prefer a barn full of productive/claimer rated horses and the chance for a rare elusive freak if the ratings are adjusted in the manner that some think they should be changed? I some how don't think so.
Eliminate gallop comments altogether. It would be good for the game. Players would have to retain, train and race each horse to determine their worth. Of course there is no instant gratification come festivus time.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I am MORE than happy to do this but IF and ONLY IF everyone guarantees they won't send me an email saying they quit, nor may they actually quit, because I don't have the energy for it and it happens every time.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

It's just a line in the sand and I truly mean sand...lol! I am good either way. That meaning raising the gallop bar. I am not for doing away with Gallops,

PS...I won't threaten to quit :)
Last edited by Kent Saunders 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I respect toms opinion as a top trainer in this realm of the game. While I agree with Tom as well and cannot argue with anything he’s said; as a guy trying to run 4 different breeds of horses across 13 divisions or distances, I like having that base evaluation on these nonTB horses. Easy sort and stack to enter where they need to go and I can run 50 pacers a week knowing they should be competitive somewhere then further evaluate them individually as they over or under perform. I feel like this is how anyone else in this thread feels. Apologies if I am mistaken.

I have even started playing without gallops in TBs starting with my year 59 yearlings and continuing forth, just for fun. There are a ton of other add ons to this game(gp features or otherwise) that make it too easy and less challenging, beyond simply gallop comments. And I don’t even want to touch the atrociousness of broodmare comments or hypomating in this thread, not even just harness mares let alone the rest of breeds. One day at a time.
;p
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Remove gallops. Yes I sign off.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Change gallops to only have two types:
1. Fast
2. Slow
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA