curious

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

curious

Post by Art K Stables »

So Ive been somewhat interested in the Standardbreds, and I can't imagine some of these questions haven't been asked but I dont know where to get the answer so I might as well ask here, and it pretty much has to do with the difference between flat and harness racing. First PP is all important on the half mile tracks, much less so on the mile tracks, is that distinguished in this game? Secondly, harness horses can race 3 to 4 more times as often as thoroughbreds, but I dont really see this at all in this game.. It seems more like this is just the thoroughbreds with a few different terms and run at a single distance. If I have any or all or most or some of this wrong, be happy to be corrected.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: curious

Post by The Steward »

All tracks in the SIM are 1 mile regardless of what they are in real life - for instance, no straight miles, no backwards running, no undulating hills, etc. Straight 1 mile.

Standardbreds actually do get "hit" less with tiredness during a race than TBs, but I don't know how much people have experimented with squeezing in an extra race here and there.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG