Just something I'm happy about

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Just something I'm happy about

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Because someone's gotta be happy about something, right?

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1900859 I threw her in, checked the race later, yikes that's a lot of 96+ figure histories in that race, note to self check again before entries close and unless all the monsters have scratched then you be the one to scratch

Except I forgot that SC is Tuesdays, I never do the last-minute stakes checking on Tuesdays because there never is an important race on a Tuesday, so I didn't skim my entries and forgot that she was in there... watched the race, increasingly dismayed as she was eight lengths back by the third call, and then something odd happened.

Trotters were the first division I got into in this game, since it's the equine sport of choice in my neck of the woods in real life. I've picked up a couple of stakes wins here and there, but I've remained a little fish in the pond, content to chip away at the claimer circuits once I learned that I was way over-estimating the ability of my herd of nags and take in kind advice from the harness kings and queens. I have felt like the past season or two have been a slow but steady turning point towards better results in this division, and it is a great delight to finally hit a triple-digit speed figure, in a surprise SC win no less! I was able to breed a full brother to this filly before Devon Trickster retired, he does seem to prefer throwing good fillies but with any luck baby brother will be half as kind to me as this lady has been.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Re: Just something I'm happy about

Post by Darcy McBride »

Congratulations on a very cool win, Shannon!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Congratulations Shannon!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

Congratulations Shannon!
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

Big Congrats!
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Thank you guys! I wanted to see how her time stacked up in the grand scheme of things, and turns out that was the second fastest juvenile fillies SC of all time (thoroughly beaten out by Bhs Jeeminee), some lovely icing on the cake.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Love that for you!!