Pacer Stallions to Retire Y62

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Pacer Stallions to Retire Y62

Post by Erin Sanderson »

So, in recent years, I've discovered an obsession with pacers. I just love them. And have been expanding my breeding program accordingly (clearly, if you've been paying attention to auctions with pacer stock in them, you'll know :oops: ) Mostly, I think it's been a pretty successful venture, with two of my homebred colts taking down their respective SC races and divisional SIMMY awards this past season, and more to come (including the fastest working yearling colt of Y61).

This year, my pacer hoarding tendencies will have come to fruition, and may or may not give me a headache, with four new stallions under my banner to support.

The first is my most recent purchase High Stakes Pigeon. No, the gallop numbers from his first crop don't necessarily look fancy, but considering the apparent large adjustment to the tiers and the book of mares he saw, I still see potential here. A son of the great Highland Billy, High Stakes Pigeon had some very respectable performances in major races while on the track, including finishing on the board in three G1 stakes and winning five stakes of his own. His dam's side is what first caught my attention: he is a full brother to two stakes winners and a half brother to another, a G1 winner. His hypos with some of my more difficult mares (the ones that don't hypo A+ to everything) are right in line with my own successful stallion Prodigal Son. With Highland Billy, Cumberbatch and Scary Edgar in the first three generations, he represents some of the best of the best in the breed, and is standing this year for a discount rate of $5,000.

Fresh off his second Steward's Cup triumph and second straight SIMMY award, Brave Are Free is likely to retire following this season. Never out of the money and only twice off the board in his career, this guy is as consistent as they can be and has already bankrolled $1,423,000 in career earnings. Another by Highland Billy, he is out of the stakes winning Scary Edgar blue hen Darkened Door, herself a half sister to my very first pacer stakes winner and Steward's Cup placed Life Is A Highway. This female family has produced generation after generation of black type for a very long time, including SC winner Black Life. The Highland Billy x Scary Edgar cross has also produced, among others, fellow champion and SC winners Overcoming and Tamrielic Moons. My boy is currently the top earning progeny of his illustrious sire, with another big slate of major races on his calendar for this upcoming season. Stud fee is to be determined, but may be in the range of $25-30,000.

Not to be forgotten is grade one winner The Surgeon. He is the first grade one winner from the first crop of Prodigal Son, the first pacer ever to break 1:48 in a race. The Surgeon is out of Champion Two Year Old Filly and Steward's Cup winner Delicate Writer, making him a half brother to six-time stakes winner Delicate Thoughts and grade one placed stakes winner Sports Star. Delicate Writer is herself a half sister to Newsflash, winner of eight stakes races, including a grade one, grade two, and two grade threes, as well as stakes winner Pick'em Up Easy. This is another female family littered with black type, with Delicate Writer having two further half siblings that are stakes producing mares (one of them having also thrown another stakes producer already). This guy has been a little up and down in his career, but has more than earned himself a shot as a stallion with six stakes victories, including a win in the Golden Shoe (G1) as a two year old, and four more stakes placings. He also has a rare complete outcross pedigree through the first four generations, and I have several Prodigal Son daughters in the breeding shed producing very nicely, so I believe the sire line is going to breed on well. Stud fee to be determined, likely in the $15-20,000 range.

Last but not least is the regally bred Face the Throne. I still have a little work to do to get him to the $350k earnings threshold, but I believe he is perfectly capable. A son of the very good Always B Miki sire Joke Face, he is out of the Cumberbatch daughter Heiress to Throne, making him very closely related to the Always B Miki granddaughter Batch of Beer, winner of the Steward's Cup Distaff Pace in Y58. His second dam is a stakes winner by Holy Roller by the name of Pookie, herself a daughter of the $1.4 million earning champion Mrs Donner. If you are at all familiar with Prodigal Son, then you certainly will recognize this female family. Mrs Donner is a half sister to Starling, the dam of Prodigal Son, as well as another millionaire, champion and Horse of the Year, Ghost Pepper. This is another with an almost complete outcross pedigree (he is 4x4 to Hotternell) and depending on race performance and hypomates will stand for $5-10,000.

This is going to be a fun selection of sires to have around! All three of the ones in training have been double checked this week, still freaks, and all three have absolutely outstanding pedigrees for the breeding shed. Save some mares for them!
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Brave Are Free Retired

Post by Erin Sanderson »

My guy has just lost a step this year and I'm on a retiring spree anyway, so he is now standing for $25,000. Two time champion and SC winner with an impeccable pedigree and is currently the highest earning son of recently pensioned superstar Highland Billy.

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Re: Pacer Stallions to Retire Y62

Post by Erin Sanderson »

And The Surgeon is also retired for only $5k.

Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

I've decided not to stand Face the Throne. He has definitely regressed and has no chance of making the earnings threshold, so he is retiring and going to sit at the farm unless someone very much wants to use him.

Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

I checked the "heart" of all four of my current stallions, as well as some I hope to be standing in future. Results as follows.

Brave Are Free: Brave
High Stakes Pigeon: Timid
Prodigal Son: Interested
The Surgeon: Brave

Future stallion prospect The Southpaw is "interested" and Meadealex is "brave". I am very hopeful that The Boys, a Highland Billy half brother to Prodigal Son, will mature to freak next season. He is also "brave".