The Southpaw - Retire or Not?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

What's next?

Retire
88%
Race
13%

Total votes: 8

Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

The Southpaw - Retire or Not?

Post by Erin Sanderson »

After a stellar beginning to his career, The Southpaw went off the rails. I didn't have the mental energy to change course with him, so stuck to "the plan" and got 3 straight off the board finishes.

Sure, there is a chance he'll bounce back next year. Then again, he could just be really precocious and provide more aggravation for me next year and beyond. I have a large stash of blue hen mares unbred this season, some of them having been purchased specifically with breeding to him in mind, so I would have zero trouble finding nice mares to support him if I did retire now.

What are your thoughts? Retire, or hope for him to make a comeback?
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Re: The Southpaw - Retire or Not?

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Well, we know what I did. Kept him in training, and snagged another G1 win for him. If he should win in the SC, he will be retiring after week 16. If not, I will probably bring him back at 5 and try to make him a millionaire.

Also have Brave Are Free, Prodigal Son and High Stakes Pigeon currently standing for the pacers! Check them out if you haven't yet.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!