Put In Place

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Put In Place

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Hi! I have this nice mare. She is 14, so it might be her last offspring. I would like to have som advice which stud to use? She has a freak by Manhattan (Amsterdam), but last time I bred with him I got an allowance. Should I use him again, or are there any "supermatches" that I can try? Have hypomated her B+ with Allonsy, Fargo and Manhattan.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=410114

/Liza
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Put In Place

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Just for fun, I nicked her with a few "hot" studs.. She nicked B+ with all of them. I tried Westwood, Doctor Who, and Super. Super usually nicks as well as Man of Mystery, so if you want top class quality for a budget price, you could try him with her.
Westwood is also a SUPER good option, and his stud fee is hard to pass up.

Or, rebreed her to Manhattan. It's a proven match. I don't usually fret too much over Allowance galloping router yearlings because sometimes they're just late to develop. Your allowance yearling may jump up in class eventually.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Or you could try Amsterdam :)
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

California Chrome is the only one other than Manhattan I'd even consider. I'm biased, but if you have a freak and an allowance, I'd roll with it again. Millionaire's Son is maddening, and anything I'd suggest to you other than going back to the well that's got water in it would be just grasping at straws.

Andrew - you may have misunderstood Liza's notation. She was implying that she sent the mare to Manhattan in the first place because Manhattan bred to a Millionaire's Son mare produced Amsterdam ... in fact, Manhattan bred to the specific mare in question produced Amsterdam!