Full sibling question

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Full sibling question

Post by Eric Gray »

Does anyone have any idea what the most successful full siblings (non twins) are in the history of the sim. Not where one gets 10 million and the other is a maiden, but say where both are at least over a million. For example, Steamboat Willie and Into the Unknown combined for just over 16 million and counting. I'm about to come into temporary possession of the dam of one of the more successful recent turf routers and looking to possibly try to hit lightning twice. What makes it further complicated is I'm not the first to try this with this particular mare. There is a 3 year old full sister who has yet to race, so I'm going to assume that one didn't quite work out. Thoughts?
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Re: Full sibling question

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Check out Shahir’ra, super Steward bred mare who produced 5 full siblings by Sidney earning a total of over $19 million…yes it does happen, if rarely.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=649813

Certainly not as extreme of a case as Shahir'ra or Let It Go, but the above mare produced three full siblings who all ended up Grade 1 winners.

EDIT to say this: breeding is always a gamble. Might as well go for a full sibling. I personally believe that even if the slide isn't in your favor, the foal in question will hold a little more value being a full sibling to an exceptional horse, than not.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

It certainly helps when the mare in question is exceptional as are the above examples.

I wholeheartedly agree with Lily. I’ll add that as a filly it will be more valuable as a broodmare prospect being a full sibling to a good one.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I wouldn't say 'go for the full sibling' is a hard and fast rule for me, but I think in a case like this I'd love to have the full sibling, especially as a filly for the breeding potential. The current unraced 3yo could have been a bad slide or perhaps (can't say without knowing who it is) the owner waits for late bloomers to bloom before racing them in an effort to keep their record looking nicer.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I know this mare’s foals are all freaks and all are by Mr. Wonderful https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1287475

Pretty nice cross for Nini :)
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

Carole, your post is ironic because The Tearjerker is the stud in question and Nini is the one who went for the full sibling that hasn’t appeared to have worked. The mare in question is Lily in the Valley, Jerusalem’s dam.
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

I wouldn’t go back again personally, but I know others like to do that, I’d try something new like Obsidian Fury, but I’m a terrible breeder, just my two cents.
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Eric Gray wrote: 1 year ago Carole, your post is ironic because The Tearjerker is the stud in question and Nini is the one who went for the full sibling that hasn’t appeared to have worked. The mare in question is Lily in the Valley, Jerusalem’s dam.
If you have the mare shouldn't you be able to see what that one galloped?
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago
Eric Gray wrote: 1 year ago Carole, your post is ironic because The Tearjerker is the stud in question and Nini is the one who went for the full sibling that hasn’t appeared to have worked. The mare in question is Lily in the Valley, Jerusalem’s dam.
If you have the mare shouldn't you be able to see what that one galloped?
Yes, but I didn't have her yet when I made the original post. The second try was considerably lower than freak.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Ah I gotcha.

If I had her, I'd send her back to There There There but I'm far from an expert at TR (or anything tbh)
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

What made you choose Ivor?
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

I think I would have tried something Sidney aswell, had I been so lucky. Hope it works well for you Eric! 🤞
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

Gavin Guile wrote: 1 year ago What made you choose Ivor?
It was a tough decision. After talking with several people, it finally came down in my mind to try repeating with The Tearjerker or going different with Ivor. All 3 of Lily in the Valley's top 3 offspring have Sidney in the first 3 of the sire line, including Jerusalem. I tried to guess whether the slide was Jerusalem being a freak or Nazareth not. I lean to it being Jerusalem being a freak. I'm sure I will probably always regret not going for the full sibling, but if I did and got a different career, I would have been second guessing not going different. At least I have a half-sister to Jerusalem and if she is only half as good as Jerusalem, I will be satisfied with that. Here is the new young lady for anyone interested. Thanks everyone for the input.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1610980
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

I do this all the time. Doesn't work too often that you end up with every full sibling being amazing, but when it does work it's pretty awesome.
Splash in Puddles is my best example, 5 times she went to Streak of Rock, produced 5 stakes winners all earning over 6 figures. She also saw Falcon Nine 3 times, 2 were stakes winners earning 6 figures, the third was a maiden.
Kissin' Frogs saw Son of a Paint 5 times at the end of her broodmare career, 3 of them turned out very well.

Then there's the ones that don't work out:
Killing Streak saw Boone twice, 1 is a millionaire SC winner, the other didn't even break 30k
Gllitter Fox Moon saw Stetson 3 times, 1 is a millionaire SC winner, the others have a grand total of $0 in earnings
One With the Gun saw Mark of the Beast 3 times, 1 is a millionaire 5x G1 winner including 2 SC (most G1s of any horse I've ever had)... and you know the drill with the others, 1 is a maiden, the other managed just over 40k
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k