Foals Due March 29

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Foals Due March 29

Post by The Steward »

Just as a reminder :-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Foals Due July 25th

Post by T.D. Palm »

I'm sorry, does that mean its the last day to breed a mare to drop a foal for year 25 ?
It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Art Damato wrote:I'm sorry, does that mean its the last day to breed a mare to drop a foal for year 25 ?
Year 24
Last edited by Nikki Everdeen 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Post by Abe Froman »

at 12:00PM PT on July 25, all horses will age, and we will advance to year 25....All foals must be born before that if they are to be a Y24 foal. At 12:00PM, all foals will become 1, yearlings become 2, etc, and all bred mares will become unbred. Also, Y25 barren mares and infertile stallions are determined then too.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I would like to note that this original thread was made in SIM year 19 and hasn't been responded to since then. Hehe. I just change the date on it every year.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Post by T.D. Palm »

Thanx all, I think I meant year 24.

Hey Stew, maybe everyone else was afraid to ask the "silly question". However that never stopped me. :lol:
It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it.
Kyasuriin Matsumoto
Hall of Fame

Re: Foals Due July 26th

Post by Kyasuriin Matsumoto »

Foals are due July 26th at noon now right? Just saying cause my calender on my office page still says July 25th at noon.
Gateway Farms
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Hmmm that calendar is supposed to update every hour.... I shall manually poke it.
Rob Canterbury
Eclipse Champion

Post by Rob Canterbury »

as of now there are 2917 mares still looking to get busy this season.

This number is interesting as it does not include any horses that still may retire. ( causing the number to go up)

It also does not include horses where the owner has no intention to breed( this is pretty rare in the sim as we are all breed happy)

Includes 400+ horses that Ronda still owns---these will likely go dateless I assume.

It also includes 217 Jaysman horses who will be lose out on love this year.

all things being equal it looks like there are still 2000+ sad and lonely Mares. ( My studs are looking for love!)

oh yes these numbers were derived from retired, ALIVE, not pensioned, and unbred females in the game.

all in all 2900 is a pretty huge
Live Strong- Baltimore crown champion- dirt route
Its a Gamble--MONSTER!
Afriad to Lead-- SC winner
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I do believe the AJ mares end up seeing some action.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

John Slotman wrote:I do believe the AJ mares end up seeing some action.
....from who?
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

The Steward wrote:
John Slotman wrote:I do believe the AJ mares end up seeing some action.
....from who?
Your mom?
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

I guess I stand corrected. I saw a mare sent to Performing Tricks yesterday whose owner was AJ, but I guess the horse got AJ-ed immediately after being bred.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

That happens a lot, unfortunately, people ditch mares immediately after breeding them.
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

I still have 17 to go and I seriously doubt I am going to breed all of them. Jeez I should have sold some of these 4yos that I just retired.

Culling ensues...