Mare leases / foal swaps classified thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Bradley Davis
Eclipse Champion

Mare leases / foal swaps classified thread

Post by Bradley Davis »

I don't know if this has been tried in the past, but I was wondering if a thread for mare leases would get much interest. It would essentially work like the classifieds section of your local paper, where anyone can post a mare they'd like to lease, with or without asking price, or where someone could post looking for mares to lease.

Example: Let's say I want to lease this mare, Super Tuesday.

I post her link, and mention she's a Ryen Hanna-bred whose 2nd dam was SC and Louisville Oaks winner The Inevitable. She has produced 2 foals, both galloped HTT. Asking price for the lease is $10,000.

Or, someone looking for a lease could post that they want to lease a quality dirt router mare, preferably a stakes winner or stakes producer, and has $500,000 to spend.

Etc. etc... Anyone keen to try? Would it make more sense in the Breeding forum, or in Auctions and Sales? My concern is that in the latter it would probably get pushed off the front page quickly unless it were stickied... and of course, if nobody is interested in such a thread, then it wouldn't warrant being stickied.

ETA: Looks like there is a bit of interest. Since Rob has already put up a mare, why don't we just use this thread. Feel free to post your mares!
Last edited by Bradley Davis 13 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Canterbury
Eclipse Champion

Re: Mare lease thread?

Post by Rob Canterbury »

I like the idea...

I'll toss out a lease option. See if this works---She is the dam of last years Juvie SC winner.

so let's give this a try-- http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=49352

feel free to shoot me a message if you are interested
Last edited by Rob Canterbury 13 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Live Strong- Baltimore crown champion- dirt route
Its a Gamble--MONSTER!
Afriad to Lead-- SC winner
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I like it and think its fine in breeding. The only thing that makes me sad is that I've already bred all my mares or I'd add something to it.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

I think this is a brilliant idea. I'm more likely to go for foal swaps though since I don't need the money, so would those fit into this thread as well?

Foal swaps are super fun because hey, sometimes you just get bored with a mare but you still want a foal, not money, you know?
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Bradley Davis
Eclipse Champion

Post by Bradley Davis »

Foal swaps too, for sure.
Karl Smythe
Hall of Fame

Post by Karl Smythe »

Great Idea Bradley!!!
I would definitely prefer to add mares to the thread and if someone is interested they can let me know.
Foal swaps are good too.
JS
Is the glass half full? or half empty?
Bradley Davis
Eclipse Champion

Re: Mare leases / foal swaps classified thread

Post by Bradley Davis »

I'll post my example horse here, as I don't really have any ideas for her this year:

Super Tuesday - Vindication x Tempting Fate (Seeking the Gold)

This mare is a granddaughter of The Inevitable, winner of the SC Juvenile Fillies and Louisville Oaks. She was bred by Hall of Fame trainer Ryen Hanna, and won 1 of 2 career starts before Hanna became inactive in the SIM. Super Tuesday is a half sister to Comatose, winner of the UAE 2000 Guineas, and a full sister to a G2 placed mare.

She has produced 2 foals, neither have raced yet. Still hasn't been bred to an above average stallion yet.

Asking price is $5,000 and you can breed the foal yourself. PM me with offers or questions.
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

I'm looking to do a trade or lease of Pax Romana for this season. While I'd be open to a lease I'd prefer to do a trade just to get some different lines in my barn.

I'll consider turf milers, turf router for turf router would be even better.

Her offspring includes:
Pax Britannica
winner of 5 G1s and $1,276,500
Pax Dei
MSW, $781,000

If interested please PM me in game. Thanks.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

I think this is really great, but as a newbie I have no idea what breedings are worth, and since they aren't posted like sales prices, it will be hard to learn. Is this something that maybe could have an in-game sales-type page one day so I can browse for mares I know I can afford, and get an idea what my own mares might be worth to breed?
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Jaycey Rae
Two Year Old

Post by Jaycey Rae »

Well, I'm a newbie and I think its a great idea because maybe some of us newer players could lease a mare that we wouldn't normally be able to own, and get some foals that we would not be able to breed otherwise. Awesome idea!
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Post by Lisa Strummer »

I probably have a nice mare or two I'd lease/swap. I just have to make the time to go through them. I have been a huge procrastinator lately-lame.
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

I'm willing to swap all of my currently unbred mares save for Get Busy Child. I like similarly well-bred mares with comparable race records (or better mares if you feel like slumming it?). I'm mostly interested in dirt routers, but will dabble in some turf ones as well.

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horses.ph ... ensioned=0
Last edited by Alysse Peverell 13 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Jennifer Francis
Hall of Fame

Post by Jennifer Francis »

I have one mare who I just posted about and i would love for her to be up in this forum next sim year once is see what her next foal will do her first was a wow so i guess this is a fabulous idea

I do have five mares that have earned over 100k in earnings I would like to do leases with these

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=105226 Bradley Davis

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=23443

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=37945

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=41742 Gigi Gofaster

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=49586
Last edited by Jennifer Francis 13 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Got to start from the bottom to get back to the top. Just wonder how long that will take in the game and in life.
Bradley Davis
Eclipse Champion

Post by Bradley Davis »

Jen, I sent you a PM regarding Baptistin.
Bradley Davis
Eclipse Champion

Post by Bradley Davis »

Looking for Deep Impact mares

I'm looking to lease (or buy outright, if I like the price) a quality Deep Impact mare. I'd be willing to spend six figures for the right mare, up to say $500k (lease or buy), maybe more if I really like her. Obviously for that kind of cash I'm looking for a mare with good family and either proven ability on the track or in the shed - ideally both. I give preference to mares that have shown they can produce a runner over mares that won loads on the track but have several foals that haven't done much.

If anyone has something they think fits my criteria, please PM me in game.