Thoroughbred Game Point Sires

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Re: Thoroughbred Game Point Sires

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Note from Emily: yes, there will be more horses added than are on the "coming soon" list, and yes, surface/distance preferences for horses wil be posted as they are added.
Glenn Culver
Sprinter

Post by Glenn Culver »

This is the first topic/game change that has me excited enough to post a reply in 4 years. I love it! I have a couple of questions. Were the existing (older)game point sires made more competitive to produce stakes or better foals or just the new sires added to the game? And, are there any plans to make changes to the breeding stock and quality of the create a mare program?
Laura Cameron
Eclipse Champion

Post by Laura Cameron »

I came here to ask two questions but I see Glenn has already asked them for me. I am extremely excited about this change, especially with the new Aussie stallions!
Thundering: leading turf mile sire with average offspring earnings over $70,000
Legionnaire: Steward's Cup Turf Mile winner and sire of 5 stakes winning juveniles in his freshman year
Coming soon: Early Edition and Square
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Glenn Culver wrote:This is the first topic/game change that has me excited enough to post a reply in 4 years. I love it! I have a couple of questions. Were the existing (older)game point sires made more competitive to produce stakes or better foals or just the new sires added to the game? And, are there any plans to make changes to the breeding stock and quality of the create a mare program?
The first question gets a YES - not all of them, but some of them got a small boost to go back into the realm of competitive. The ones who were too far off to be competitive were removed last year.

The second question gets a NO - not at this time/this year.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Burgundy Hill Farms
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Burgundy Hill Farms »

Sooooo...competitive how? Like scary/special kinda competitive or "should win a few races" competitive?

Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

What time can us non top tier class aka not super rich players buy horses? I thought aw things were being put up? Not the $2.5 mil or higher things?
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Nena Olson wrote:What time can us non top tier class aka not super rich players buy horses? I thought aw things were being put up? Not the $2.5 mil or higher things?
According to the home page they will be released in waves starting at 11:00am pacific time.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Thanks! :-)
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

ALL of the horses are now in here.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Phil Hoeflich wrote:Sooooo...competitive how? Like scary/special kinda competitive or "should win a few races" competitive?
My hunch is that with the right mares, the former. I base that on my own experience with a couple horses (Orfevre, Frankel), observation of works of a couple selected newly added horses from round last week, and the evidence from some of the reports in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31687

Of course, this is all predicated on us figuring out what mares match properly with these stallions. Sending them garbage may result in marginal improvement in the quality of your garbage, but there's a limit to how far any stallion can take a truly terrible mare, as is usual with breeding.

I suppose its going to be a lot like trying to figure out a SIM-bred with an obscure pedigree (as a recent example ... what do you do with Nipote di Atlante and his obscure pedigree?) In that case, the answer was "wait for his owner to test everything including the kitchen sink with him so we can see what works" and now we know what to try (the answer turned out to be a pretty broad answer ... LOTS of stuff!) and what to avoid, but in this case it'll have to be a more collective SIM effort to see what works when there's not a single person who has a more vested interest than any other.
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

MUCHO!!!

Seriously though, thank you SIM team, love this idea/addition/revamp.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Oops, added 2 more I forgot.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Oops, last one. I have a sickness I swear.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Lastly, I went through and added which had any Steeplechasing ability.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

:mrgreen: thanks much!