Steward's Current Buying/Leasing/Swapping Policies

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Steward's Current Buying/Leasing/Swapping Policies

Post by The Steward »

A few people have requested that I keep a running thread of what my current policies for buying, leasing, or swapping mares are. These are subject to change due 100% to my whim that day/week/month/year, but I will try to "Bump" this with the changes whenever I have a change of heart or forget why I was against something in the first place or remember why I was against something.

Buying Mares/Racing Stock
Current Thoughts: I LOVE buying young mares.
--I typically seek out mares with fancy pedigrees that aren't top of the line performers, especially if they are from families I don't have. I do this because most people aren't going to sell me their fancy stakes mares (but I'll make offers anyway), so daughters from those kinds of mares are my favorite. I don't really care how they do on the track although breaking 6 figures is a massive plus.

Leasing Mares From Others
Current Thoughts: I am still willing to lease for Year 43.
--Dirt and turf Steward's Cup winners going a route of ground will bring a standard offer of $2 million from me. If you're Olive Branch or the like, you can get more out of me. If you're a sprinter, you'll get a smaller offer. I'm open to leasing just about any dirt/turf SC winners. All Weather I'm into on some days and don't like other days, so it depends on my mood. No Mixers/Chasers, please. No matter how old the mare is, I promise to return her to you able to breed, so if she is 12, 13, 14 etc, that is a good deal on your part.

Leasing Mares To Others
Current Thoughts: I am not leasing any of my mares to others this year as of 9/1/15.
--This is only an if-I-get-desperate-and-run-out-of-time move by me.

Swapping Mares
Current Thoughts: I will swap mares, but I want to come out ahead.
--I prefer a 2-for-1 deal, where you give me 2 superstars for 1 of my mares. I prefer very rare or amazing pedigrees/produce records. Dirt/turf only.

Selling Yearlings Early
Current Thoughts: I really hate doing it, but if I'm going to come out crazy ahead, it's okay.
--Right now I will sell a yearling early if someone REALLY wants it, and by REALLY wants it I mean 1. I don't think I'll get more in a sale, and 2. You're willing to pay the mares' highest sales price offspring plus $1.5 million. No unproven mares (so no very young stars' foals).
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Steward's Current Buying/Leasing/Swapping Policies

Post by The Steward »

Update 10/28/17 - I have renewed vigor for my breeding program and am back interested in leasing and buying mares and young fillies. I got incredibly burnt out, frustrated, and sour back in April and have not had interest since, but now I am back in business. I will have about 200 yearlings to sell next year, so keep an eye out for them because they will ALL BE AWESOME. Or most of them.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG